“worth more than the price !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Moorings Hotel

You added Moorings Hotel to your Saves list
Moorings Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lini Highway | P.O. Box 1404, Port Vila, Efate, Vanuatu   |
Ranked #37 of 46 Hotels in Port Vila
“worth more than the price !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Myself and my partner stayed in Moorings for 5 nights and we had such an amazing experience! excellent service, our room was simple but what we needed, the breathtaking view on the Harbour is what we loved the most, very nice lay out with a beautiful pool for all to share. The hotel is very peaceful and I can't wait to return here !

• Stayed December 2014

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed at the Moorings Hotel in Port Vila for one week. What a great place to stay in! It had all the amenities of a 3-star hotel but top end: very clean and tidy air-conditioned room; daily service of changing sheets and towels, washing the room and doing the bed; immaculate Island-style grounds; a full buffet continental breakfast included; cabled TV and free Wi-Fi; very friendly English/French speaking staff and a fantastic general manager named Yorick who knows how to deal extremely well with his hotel guests! And for ever those beaming smiles of the Vanuatu staff all around: Rozie, Tyson, Sheila, etc. What a wonderful time my wife, Lisa, and I had over there! A short walk away from this hotel, there is a French restaurant where the food is reasonably priced and exquisitely presented; not only that, we danced to a live local band on weekends and then watched a fantastic fire show by locals on a barge on the lagoon! "If you can't beat them, join them!" was our motto. And guess what? The hotel was literally less than a ten minute walk from town: cafes, restaurants, the local open market, Au Bon Marche supermarket, ANZ bank, Goodies money exchange, the Post Office... all at hand. Great value for money, too, at around $75AUD per night. Enjoy your stay at this hotel next time you visit Vanuatu.

Room Tip: Rooms are somewhat small but those facing the lagoon are best.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2014

The service at the moorings is realy good I this was my first time to Vanauta and to stay here was a great, pool front room was excellent however it's not a big hotel so any room is good! I left my phone behind and there was no problem getting it sent back to Australia at my expense, the staff members and manager are extremely honest and thoughtful of the guest's needs.
A nice short walk to town right beside the water with a few eateries along the way and bottle shop.
I recommend hiring a quad from the servo you can also park at hotel if needed, however be careful and have respect when driving down dirt roads as there are villages throughout..
I will revisit port vila and I will be returning to the mornings for a bit of RNR highly recommend for a getaway any ages or couples, at an affordable price, perfect water views, close to town and without the kaos of a big resort!
150vt on a bus from moorings to anywhere in town also can be a funny experience..
Mark Rosa
Australia

Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2014

The moorings is in a good spot, provided you pick the right room. We were in a family room and so there was no view and not really anywhere to sit, the 'porch' was a single chair & table outside the room directly facing the massage hut and pool, not much to look at really. However there were some gorgeous looking bungalows facing the water (and its an AMAZING view, esp at sunset), if I came again I'd stay in one of those. The room itself was a bit run down, the chipboard door in the shower room was disintegrating, there were tiles missing here & there, that sort of thing. WHen we arrived neither the lamp nor the microwave worked. Nothing major but enough to make it look a bit shabby. There was an enormous bed tho plus bunk beds, space wise it was okay (except in the shower room where there's hardly any space! Nowhere to put your clothes even!). The location is really good, just a short walk into town. Pool needs a bit of love, my mother nearly lost a foot in there as the filters at the bottom are not covered (dodgy). I understand they're doing renovations tho so hopefully they'll look at all the aspects which need refurbishing. Staff were just lovely!! Really friendly. I quite liked the breakfast, it's the same every day but as we were only there 3 days it wasn't an issue. Would be good if you could buy a cooked breakfast to mix it up. We had a few meals there which were hit and miss. Steak was blue when I ordered M/R (it was pretty delicious tho), they forgot my daughters seafood rice but when they did bring it it was disgusting, really really not nice - no flavour, yukky marinara mix, just pretty grosse. On another day we had burgers and the fish one was delicious!!!! So fresh and yummy, I had the beef one with the lot and that was really nice too, I'd highly recommend the burgers. I'd defo stay again but I'd want to check the room first and would be selective about what I ordered.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Gold Coast, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Moorings early Oct. 2014 and although renovations were ongoing, we still found it a top spot to stay. We had a Harbour view room which overlooked Port Vila harbour.
The restaurant needs to be revamped but the food was good. All the staff were fantastic, be they office, bar or cleaning. I would definately return and also happy to recommend to my friends.

Room Tip: Harbourside rooms definately the best.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Woolgoolga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2014

The Moorings are perfectly placed for you to either catch a bus at the entrance, or walk 10 minutes to the shopping centre and supermarket. The new manager Yorrick, is working really hard on the renovations, and once complete, the place will be as good as new. The staff are great, and nothing is too much trouble. Our room was 3 metres from the bay, and we caught 2 fish from our front porch ! Mostly we caught a bus out to Erakor Lagoon and snorkelled each day, which is my favourite spot on earth, and the tours around the island are great also. Cant wait till the Moorings is fully renovated and the restaurant is a bit more exciting, but just walk into town for other places.

Room Tip: Ask for a room furthest from the renovations, or wait till it's completed.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Gosford, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2014

We have had holidays in Port Vila a number of times over the years, have stayed at Moorings previously and have booked to stay with Moorings in December for a week. We have recently had the need to contact the new management and we would like to just take time to highly commend tem for their professional and courteous way they respond to our inquiry. they obviously put the needs of their guests 100% up front. Also Moorings is located at the most beautiful waterfront location - the view is lovely and the pool, dining and bar area and wonder spots to relax and enjoy a break. Just a short walk into town makes it also very convenient. When we were there last we sat with a cold local beer at the waterfront bar area and I remember it as one of the highlights of the holiday. We will of course post an update review after our next trip!

Room Tip: Ask for waterfront room!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Moorings Hotel? Share your experiences!