Our time at this resort was great - many of the reviews I had read before going were 'spot on'. The staff at the resort were fantastic and extremely friendly - the gardens were kept immaculate, the rooms were cleaned every day and the food was very nice. The resort is about 15-20 minutes from Port Villa via a very bumpy road. We did not choose to go into Port Villa often so it suited us but just be aware that the main town is not very close. And because of the bumpy roads the 'buses' sometimes do not want to take you to the resort. The resort provides transport to Port Villa, maybe they should do a return trip?
The snorkelling immediately in front of the resort was very good - there is a lot of coral and a huge amount of very colourful fish. It is possible to snorkel anytime of the day as the tides do not limit when you can go. For us this was the main reason we chose this resort and we were not at all disappointed.
Just a couple of things you may want to be aware of before going;
- the resort does not provide beach towels. So you need to either bring your own or purchase one at either Port Villa or at the resort. Compared to other resorts we have been to in the South Pacific this is the first time we have come across this.
- there is no sand leading down into the beach. So, make sure you have some reef sandles. The resort has built up an area behind a stone fence which has sand and lounge chairs which is very nice. However if you enjoy walking along sandy white beaches the sand area is only as wide as the resort.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Hotels.com so you can book your Paradise Cove Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Cove Hotel Port Vila
- Paradise Cove Port Vila
- Paradise Cove Resort Vanuatu/Port Vila