“Great hospitality” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Coconut Palms Resort

You added Coconut Palms Resort to your Saves list
Coconut Palms Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   Cornwall Street, PO Box 1515, Port Vila, Efate, Vanuatu   |
Ranked #37 of 46 Hotels in Port Vila
Melbourne
“Great hospitality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2010

My partner and I stayed here for one week, and found it such good value for money. The staff were fantastic and friendly, treated us like family. The outdoor area is beautiful, we spent many hours lazing around by the beautiful pool setting. If staying here, I would recommend upgrading to an orchid room with private bathroom and aircon, I dont think we would have survived without the air con! The rooms are very small, but comfortable. They are between the dorm rooms and their shared bathrooms, so it can get noisy depending on your neighbours. I think we got lucky staying off peak. Probably wouldnt recommend for families with small kids as theres not a lot of room.
The location is great, about a 5-10min walk into town, however in the heat we got lazy and caught the bus everywhere. Would highly recommend for couples on a budget.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Honiara
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2010

the service was really good, excellent food, rooms were just perfect.. and the quality of service was really nice, I really enjoy my short stay at the CPresort, lastly the staff were just lovely definetly I'm coming back..

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Port Vila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2010

The staff at CCP get an A+ in my book for their service. They are friendly, willing to help and well-trained. Although the rooms are tiny the place is very well maintained and clean. Its location is perfect as it's a short 10 min walk to downtown and dancing. The pool is great and the common areas are spacious and great for socializing. Not to mention the manager is great eye candy *wink* and approachable. Overall, I would recommend CCP to anyone on a budget that doesn't mind a small room.

Suggestions for Improvement:
Mount full-length mirrors in the rooms or on each floor level
Mount hooks in rooms to hang towels or sweaty clothes
Bring back FREE internet
Sell beer pass 10p

Boulder, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2010

One of my favorite reasons to stay at Coconut Palms is that the staff are very friendly and helpful. Not only do I have access to a great swimming pool, bar, restaurant, internet access, and comfortable places to lounge but if I need anything the staff are quick to respond. I would recommend this place for a holiday vacation because of it's proximity to Vila. It is also a good place for buisiness conferences because they can provide facilities and meals.

arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2009

The whole experience was excellent. Centrally located so you can go to the markets, shops, tours or whatever takes your fancy. The really friendly stuff suggested some great things to do and always helpful.

The food was really good and well priced too. Every morning a great breakfast and had some fantastic dinners too. One of the things that I appreciate the most is that they seem to keep everything up to date and new looking. I can be pretty picky and this surpassed my expectations. Will definitely go back again. I’ve had some scary experiences elsewhere and now that I have found this place I won’t be changing.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Tasmania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2009

After our stay on Tanna Island we returned to Port Vila for an 8 night stay. Previously we stayed at the Melenisian for four nights, and when we arrived to the CCP superior orchid room, we were bitterly dissapointed in the comparison to what we had at the Melenisian for the same price. A young couple with a small child, the room was so small we were treading on each other every step, and all the other rooms around us were share accomodations, it was noisy, the share toilets and showers just outside our door were being used at all hours of the night, we had no sleep.

The following morning, being prepared to cut our losses and check out, we asked if there were any appartments available for the rest of our stay, and luckily there was, so at a considerable expence we upgraded to the self contained appartments.
Once in the appartment we were certainly much happier, it was quiet and the appartments were perfectly fine.......we still had a sour taste in our mouths from the first night for a few days.

The staff were a delight, and their service and freindlyness contributed to improving our inital impression of CCP, we left at the end of our stay satisfied with our experience.

Even though I have added to the review "yes" to would you recommend this hotel to a friend, I would not reccommend CCP to young families or anyone wanting a little space to rest and unwind after busy days, UNLESS staying in the appartments.

Food was fantastic, the meal portions fine for myself and our daughter, but hubby did not find them to be enough after an energetic day.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Hervey Bay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2009

We stayed at Coconut Palms for six nights. Staff were all helpful and friendly. Excellent security. Well fenced and the concierge? did strolls around the comples day and evenings seeing that all was well for guests. Grounds immaculate and view from our apartment accomodation was lovely looking out at water features and bbq area. Very spacious apartment with lounge, table and chairs, kitchenette. The security light right outside our window was a little annoying. Large pool suitable for swimming. Plenty of pool lounges to select from. Some of the cheap accomodations were rather small, but you get what you pay for. Cost of doing your own washing in dated laundry is quite expensive. Cost of meals not cheap, but compares with all other eateries in Vila. And the food was nice. And food service timely and with a smile. Would like to have seen more use of local fresh fruits. Bottled juice does not complement the place. Close to down town but far enough away to avoid tourists. Bus at door but we walked everywhere. As many of the fellow guests were volounters at the hospital, we felt like we had the place for ourselves much of the time. The Chines restaurant a few doors down is to be recommended. We are retirees who normally do adventure trips, but on this occasion wanted a chillout time and got it. I would certainly recommend this resort to friends.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Coconut Palms Resort? Share your experiences!