I booked this online in a hurry because my flight connection was missed to Tanna and I was stuck in Vila for the night. It was not my first choice, but others were full, this one had space, it seemed everyone knew where it was.
The internet is very poor, the room is not completely clean, the service is largely best described as like molasses... It took 10 mins to see if one of their items in the restaurant was available ( they had posters up advertising it ) and in the end I would just say forget it, too much trouble. The pizza there was pretty horrible, the breakfast OK. The lobby and rooms are very run down, despite what a humid climate can do, the cushions for instance on the couches are more than grubby, they are filthy.
No local buses will stop here, I travelled to the airport next morning and the taxi driver ( who admitted he had a deal with the hotel ) tried to rip us off - I had to mention we could just talk to the police.. Then of course his tune changed. The police confirmed to me this is a scam run with the taxis.
The room was booked online and I walked over right away but there seemed to be much confusion over having a room ready. I had to wait some time.
Didn't use the pool, but sitting beside it in the restaurant - well they allow smoking in it and they allow smoking around the pool it all blows however directly over where you sit to eat. The furnishings are very, very, very worn out in the restaurant too. The wait for food is amazingly long... They literally have time to run to the market for every item you order.
In the room, the bathroom was adequate, I did not want to sleep in the bed sheets and looking at the AC on the wall, well to say you hack dirt off with a chisel would be putting it mildly. Tis place is a good walk from the beach or the town centre, so it doesn't have a great location. Next door is a yard where they burn garbage so my room window had to be closed for hours on end as the smoke smell was pretty rough.
Given the choice, would not return. If you are really desperate enough to stay here, sleeping in the waiting area at the airport would be a far more hygienic experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Award Wining, Coconut Palms Resort we pride ourselves as "Your Vanuatu Friend" where our happy staff will do everything possible to ensure that you: Stay, Relax & Enjoy all that the resort and beautiful Vanuatu has to offer. We are governed by our mission: "To be the best value resort in Vanuatu where service is not compromised and happy memories are guaranteed." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, HostelBookers, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Coconut Palms Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Palms Hotel Port Vila
- Coconut Palms Resort Vanuatu/Port Vila