“A slice of France in the Pacific” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 74 Restaurants in Port Vila
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The quality table of the French Chef,Francis MOUROUX, will seduce you with its specialties by offering fresh local products : Lobster, Flyerfox, Snails of Santo Island, Local Pigeon,River prawns, with a french delicate Touch ...
Auckland, New Zealand
“A slice of France in the Pacific”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

This restaurant certainly has a French mood and the food is excellent. Our eye fillet steaks
with green peppercorn sauce were perfectly cooked as requested - rare - and the accompanying green beans and garlic and gratin potatoes were delicious. A good wine list which was well priced.
Service was variable but generally pleasant wait staff. We will return.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Its ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

The main meal was actually very nice, decent serving size very nice flavours, the restaurant was actually very humid inside and there were no fans or air con running which made it quite uncomfortable for me and my partner, we ordered the chocolate soufflé for dessert but I was very disappointed it was cooked perfectly but had no taste of choclate at all,mainly taste like flour and cardboard, and for 1500 vatu was a waste of money in my eyes except for the very small portion of ice cream I got which was very nice but not worth the amount, I informed the owner of the taste and got a rude reply so I will not be referring anyone to this restaurant. Service was very good but dont bother ordering garlic bread because they bring u the same serving for free without garlic after you place your order.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Very nice French food in Vanuatu!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

We visited this restaurant twice.

On our first visit we found the food to be extremely good, the service was a little slow as it took close to half an hour to have our dinner or drinks order to be taken (this was especially frustrating to us as we'd organised a babysitter for only a certain amount of time). We also had to ask for our bread and our bottle of wine.

We did however find Tiffany who looked after us at some stage of both nights to be excellent.

On our second visit we took friends along and unfortunately there was no scallop or fish available (as with the first time we visited - maybe best to check this before you arrive and if you are a seafood fan).

Overall though I'd say the food and atmosphere are lovely!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“Great Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

The food that came out of the kitchen was great, it was really amazing it did make up for the service, I think if they did a few training sessions with their staff on waiting on tables they would be an amazing restaurant, we were celebrating a birthday, I think it’s an easy fix but like I said the place and the food impeccable.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sydney Australia
“A wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Terrific atmosphere, elegant table settings, wonderful food. I could have been dining at an up market restaurant in France. Don't miss dining here if you are in Vanuatu.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere