“Just plain AWFUL Melanesian buffet! Overpriced rubbish” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 74 Restaurants in Port Vila
Cuisines: Pacific Rim
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Adults Only Beachfront Resort in Port Vila, Vanuatu. Breakas Beach Resort is a relaxed 63 fare ( bungalow) resort located a few minutes from down town Port Vila. A 3.5 Star Property in 5 star Beach Front location offers an unrivalled backdrop of lush palms and a private 2 km beach. The Resort is the ultimate accommodation solution for an idyllic "feet in the sand" sojourn. With spectacular views and immediate access to Port Vila's best surfing beach, (left and right break), the Resort presents an extraordinary setting for the definitive beach holiday.
Melbourne
“Just plain AWFUL Melanesian buffet! Overpriced rubbish”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

All I can say is thank goodness we weren't actually staying here and subjected to more than one meal! Wonder what Gordon Ramsey would have to say about this place:(

We were staying down the road at (gorgeous Pandanus Bay Apartments) and decided to get a babysitter and head out for a nice dinner. Breakas was within walking distance and the reviews seemed fine.

38,000 vt per person for a bloody awful buffet. Now, I have to admit that I am not a buffet person but I thought that if that price we would get something decent. Wrong. The only thing worth eating was the potato salad and the beef casserole - about $5 worth I'd say.

On top of the quality of food being really poor, there simply wasn't enough to go round. We were about 3/4 of the way back in the "buffet" queue and there was no fish left by the time everybody else had piled their plates to overflowing. After we tried the meal we had to laugh about the piled up plates, because 200% of nothing is still nothing people!! ;)

Ok, on a better note, the cocktails and sunset view were great (hence my one star). Just don't stay for the food.

The owner of this place is a disgrace, because this is highway robbery. I'm sure the owner must be ripping off the staff off as much as the guests, because all of the staff were the unhappiest bunch of people I've seen in all of Vanuatu!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Brisbane, Australia
“Great Place to Eat and have a Cocktail by the beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Good food, seafood buffet worth a visit, friendly staff, owner George likes to meet the diners. Good entertainment throughout the week such as wine tasting with accompanying cheeses, fashion shows and local entertainment. Located right on the beach it is a great place to enjoy a cocktail in peace and quiet. No children under 15 are allowed to stay at the resort.

Visited May 2013
Brisbane, Australia
“Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We experienced the seafood buffet. The food was great and well explaned about eg which crabs were which. The manager was very friendly on the night. Once the staff found out that we had come from another resort they ignored us and we felt uncomfortable about this.

Visited April 2013
Aussies in Vanuatu
“Seafood Buffet and Indigenous Entertainment - AMAZING!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Wow, wow and wow!!!!!!! What a meal! Not only a meal, but also a show by an indigenous group from another island. Before we sat down to eat, we wandered around to check out Breakas. Was a beautiful setting, right on the beach. Unfortunately, it rained so we had to retreat indoors, but it was time to eat, anyway. The food was absolutely fabulous - as much as you want to eat! Roy Ernst, the Assistant Manager, was the perfect host, checking to see if everything was fine - which it was - and sitting for a while to chat. Because of the rain, we had to sit inside, but we were right by the pool and the view over the ocean was magnificent. I was there with my son and daughter and a friend, and we tried every type of seafood there was - garlic prawns, fresh prawns, butterfly prawns, crabs claws, mussels, poullet fish, etc, etc, etc, washed down with a crisp white wine. Lovely. When I asked for a glass of water, I was brought lovely cold water, for which I was very grateful. There was a nice assortment at the dessert bar, also, but having filled up on seafood, I could only manage a couple of cream filled profiteroles. I say again, Wow, wow and wow!! After the meal we settled down for the show. A troupe of about a dozen men and a couple of young boys, who couldn't have been older than seven, dressed in traditional costume, did tribal dances and war dances (with spears). The little boys were adorable, and keeping up with the steps all the way, we fell in love with them. The dances were very exciting and, afterwards, we had photos taken with the group. They all have the most beautiful smiles and you can tell they enjoy every minute of the show. The audience was very appreciative, too. What a memorable night to end our holiday in Vanuatu. Thank you, Roy.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Port Vila, Vanuatu
“Great memories..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

The food was perfectly cooked, the service excelent and caring from management to floor staff, the view (feet in the sand under a moonlight) was exhilirating. Only regret: I was on a business trip and dining by myself!

Visited November 2012