We stayed at Poppys for 1 week in the school holidays, family of 5, in a 3 bedroom apartment right beside the water, it was lovely and spacious, with 2 bathrooms, full kitchen, lounge and large deck. Very good maid service, she even washed our dishes each day, always felt lovely and clean. Was a very relaxing spot right on the waters edge, with the pools and restaurant only a few steps away. All staff were very friendly.
It is only a 15 minute walk to town, but beware there is a very steep and not at all maintained driveway to climb up first, once at the top its an easy flat walk into town, until you go down the 55 steps at the end, so coming home again you have to climb up the steps out of town, unless you take a bus which are very reasonable at 150vatu each, and they are everywhere.
We enjoyed taking the kayaks out on the lagoon in the mornings it was very peacefull to float along with very little effort put into the paddling.
Poppys is a small resort, and the pools are small, but my children still swam for hours each day. We did feel that they needed more lounge chairs around the pool and along the beach front. We were always lucky enough to get one but we know others did not. Also needed is a couple of umbrellas around the pool as the family one is always in the full sun.
Meals in the restaurant were nice and reasonably priced, we found restaurants in Port Vila to be very expensive. therefore we ate at Poppys 3 nights and were happy with what we had.
There is a lot of noise at night from dogs in the neighbouring villages, this wasnt a problem for us, but could be for others.
Overall we enjoyed our stay and would recommend to others, families and couples. It is not a large resort with kids clubs and activities, or big resort pools. But what is there is more than enough for an enjoyable holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Poppys on the Lagoon is an award winning boutique resort located on Erakor Lagoon. With private beachfront, a tropical oasis of gardens and only a 15 minute walk or 2 minute drive to Port Vila's town center, Poppys is the perfect getaway for friends, family and couples. Poppys on the Lagoon has a wide range of accommodation options, from unbeatable value lagoon view studios to freestanding luxury bungalows, 2 bedroom apartments and huge 3 bedroom villas. All accommodation options enjoy modern comforts and all have kitchen facilities, private balconies and are furnished with beautiful tropical style decor. As a family owned and operated business, Poppys will feel like your home away from home in Paradise! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Poppy's on the Lagoon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Poppy`s On The Lagoon Hotel Port Vila
- Poppys On The Lagoon Hotel
- Poppys Lagoon
- Poppy's On The Lagoon Vanuatu/Port Vila