My husband and i have just returned from a 7 day holiday in Vanuatu and stayed in a hibiscus room which was spotlessly clean and had all the facilities including kitchenette and mini bar.
The staff, in fact all the people in Vanuatu are extremely friendly and welcoming. The inclusive breakfasts are yummy with a wide variety of food, a good way to meet other travellers in a nice outdoor setting by the pool.
The Thai restaurant has a good chef, the meals are well priced and delicious. The BBQ cultural nights are entertaining and fun and not over priced. The cocktails are also reasonably priced compared to other resorts.
The long driveway from the road ensures low traffic noise and the location is perfect, only a 5 to 10 minute walk to town.
I do recommend checking out shops in town before buying from craft markets on the waterfront, the shops are cheaper! I bought a hematite necklace for 1000 vatu at market, saw the same thing for 400 vatu in shop.
A good overall experience, would like to see rubbish cleaned up from streets and countryside and better roads and footpaths.
- Also Known As:
- The Melanesian Port Vila Hotel Port Vila
- The Melanesian Port Vila Hotel
- Melanesian Port Vila
- Melanesian Hotel Port Vila
- The Melanesian Port Vila Vanuatu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only 10min walk from the heart of Port Vila town. Reasonable rates with quiet and comfortable atmosphere. A welcoming smile, friendly hospitality and good service are part of the culture at The Melanesian. Offering a number of guest room styles which satisfies everyone's needs. Our culture entertainment night with "All You Can Eat BBQ" at our Oasis Pool side is must see! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo and Agoda so you can book your The Melanesian Port Vila reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.