We stayed at Iririki Resort in July 2013 and enjoyed it. The cabin was clean and comfortable and attractive inside, if somewhat uninteresting on the outside. We had a garden room. The gardens in which we were situated were beautiful, and it was very pleasant to sit out on our private decking and relax. We had read some reviews which said Iririki was run down and in need of refurbishment. The only thing I noticed was that the bathroom was a little tired looking. Everything else was lovely. The infinity pool area afforded fabulous views over Port Vila, and was a great place to read and relax, even if you didn't want to swim. It was fun to catch the little ferry to and from Port Vila. The breakfasts were good, and I especially recommend the freshly cooked omelette.
We went snorkelling at Snorkeller's Cove, 5 mins from our cabin, and there was plenty to see there. We were given a hard fried doughnut with which to feed the fish. Yes, it's fun when the fish swamp you, but be warned... they bite if they think you've got food. I was covered with little bite marks, which just felt like a hard pinch. We went snorkelling again the next day with no food, and were not bitten. There is also a second pool area on the island, which also looked very comfortable.
We did not eat dinner in the main restaurant where they have the breakfast bar as the advertised buffet seemed very expensive to us. We ate in their other restaurant, which was Ok. Most nights we went into Port Vila, where the restaurants were expensive and of average quality.
Canoes are provided to guests for free, which was another fun thing to do.
There is limited internet access in the main restaurant area but we found this to be extremely slow and not worth using. There is free tourist Wi-Fi internet for 15 mins out of Port Vila. You can just log in again after your time expires.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional Fares - On a Private Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Iririki Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iririki Island Hotel Port Vila
- Vanuatu Iririki Resort
- Iririki Island Port Vila
- Iririki Island Resort Vanuatu/Port Vila