We stayed five nights at the resort - we found the villas beautiful and the grounds/resort very well maintained.
We spent most of time at the resort lounging on the beach and kayaking in the lagoon. However, make sure you secure your lounge early on Sunday or just stay in your villa - since everything's closed, guests from other resorts (primarily the Warwick) come across in large numbers and make the resort chaotic and less private.
The restaurant is ok. Breakfast is very limited and poor in comparison to other resorts e.g. the Warwick... don't even bother with coffee. We also had dinner in the restaurant and were disappointed. Although the restaurant was largely empty (and remained empty throughout our meal), we were told they were booked out and placed in a corner next to a sewer pipe (or something that really stunk). We paid approx. AUD100 for 2 people for ordinary service and food. Our food came out overcooked, under seasoned and with elements missing. We highly recommend going across to Wild Ginger at the Warwick for a cheaper and much tastier meal. The music played at the restaurant was pretty poor too - with the same songs being replayed within short timeframes - everyday.
Although we didn't have great experiences at the restaurant - the Melanesian feast put on by the resort is fabulous. We highly recommend it. There are so many choices of traditional food and the fire dancers are incredible!
- Also Known As:
- Erakor Island Resort And Spa
- Erakor Island Hotel Port Vila
- Erakor Island Hotel
- Erakor Island Resort
- Erakor Island
- Erakor Island Resort & Spa Vanuatu/Port Vila
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Erakor Island Resort is a beautiful unspoiled island paradise, situated in crystal clear waters on its own private 16 acre island surrounded by white sandy beaches. All bungalows are waterfront with the lagoon just steps away from your private veranda. Enjoy the beauty of staying on a quiet tropical island with easy access to everything off the island, Erakor offers all the facilities of a major resort, but in a relaxed and secluded atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Erakor Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.