We were married on Erakor Island May 2012, and when planning our first anniversary we thought we would try somewhere different, but just couldn't think of anywhere else we would rather be. For those looking for a wedding venue - you could do no better. Although Lita and Abby deal with many weddings in different stages of planning at a particular time, you feel like yours is the only one.
Our anniversary trip was quite different to the first time, plagued with flight delays and cancellations resulting in us turning up nearly two full days late to the Island. We finally arrived 8:30PM and there on the wharf to greet us was darling Lita (who had made our wedding day last year, far more than we ever could have dreamed), and Tyronne Mann (chef extraordinaire, who created sensational dishes right up there with the best we have tasted anywhere in the world). They had heard we were returning and stayed late so they could welcome us back. Tyronne insisted on creating another superb meal for us before he went home.
The following day other staff who were not rostered on came to say welcome back to us. We have never felt so welcome anywhere. We loved it so much I notified my boss I was not going to be back until the following week and we changed our flights back to stay another 3 days!
Waterfront spa villas are wonderful. Sitting in the spa on the deck with a glass of fine French Champagne, watching the sun sink over the hill to be replaced by moonlight on the water and stars that made the entire sky look like the Milky way. It doesn't get any better - or does it?
For our anniversary dinner, chef Tyronne went all out (having recently been inspired by Heston Blumenthal) and I cannot imagine any meal ever again topping his efforts that evening. Tyronne - thank you so much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Erakor Island Resort is a beautiful unspoiled island paradise, situated in crystal clear waters on its own private 16 acre island surrounded by white sandy beaches. All bungalows are waterfront with the lagoon just steps away from your private veranda. Enjoy the beauty of staying on a quiet tropical island with easy access to everything off the island, Erakor offers all the facilities of a major resort, but in a relaxed and secluded atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Erakor Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Erakor Island Resort And Spa
- Erakor Island Hotel Port Vila
- Erakor Island Resort & Spa Vanuatu/Port Vila