“The best holiday we have ever had!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Outrigger Canoe Tour
Ranked #17 of 46 Hotels in Port Vila
Toowoomba, Australia
“The best holiday we have ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

This island resort is just the perfect place for a family holiday. Our kids are 11, 15 & 18. They had the best time! I love that there are enough organized activities but you have plenty of time to relax. Great food, excellent, friendly staff, movie nights on the beach, a Melanesian feast, plenty of sun and the most amazing place on the planet!
We had our own private fireworks night on one of the beaches assisted by one ode the great staff who came back after his shift finished to help us.
We will definitely go back!

• Stayed December 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Taupo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

What a wonderful place Erakor Island is! You can't help but relax and feel welcome the moment you arrive on the Island. Very friendly staff, great relaxed atmosphere and we enjoyed the food also.

A highlight was the Melanesian Feast night on the beach. The Fish Curry was awesome! The dancing and music was great too and a real happy atmosphere. Many people come over to the Island just to experience the Melanesian Feast and I would say it is well worth the trip.

Our room was nice and lovely to be able to open the doors straight out onto the deck with a lovely day bed and just steps from the beautiful white sandy beach.

We stayed only for a couple of days, just the two of us but I would highly recommend it for a family holiday with children of all ages, especially little ones as the staff are excellent at entertaining the kids and watching over them. Also a fantastic location for a wedding. Coconut beach just past the restaurant I hear is popular and they also have a church on the island.

All in all, very enjoyable time at Erakor Island. HIghly recommend.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

We recently got back from our honeymoon on Erakor island. We loved it there, it was so relaxing and beautiful and the staff was consistently friendly and cheerful. I have always wanted to got to Vanuatu and after being on Erakor island, I will certainly go back again. Our breakfast waitress Annie was just wonderful and even wrote us a lovely farewell note on our last day - this has never happened to me before! The honeymooon package was great and we enjoyed every minute of it. Thank you to everyone working at the resort - we really appreciate your efforts!

Room Tip: The deluxe spa villas are certainly the best - they are more protected from the wind than the basic...
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

We went to Vanuatu for our Honeymoon in Nov 2011. We stayed at Iririki for the first 5 nights and thought it was ok - we had 7 other nights to fill. We went on a day trip to Erakor and fell in love with it. Staff were so consistently friendly (a comparison to Iririki where we'd found service bit hot and cold) and we decided to book Erakor for the remainder of our stay.
Food in the restaurant was great and booze was well priced. We stayed in room 8 - one of the semi-detached - unit 9 was the same 'hut'. We had a beautiful view from our little balcony and own little beach complete with Hammock! My husband spent a lot of time in that!
Couldn't recommend this place enough!

Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

Have just come home from a week spent on Erakor Island. All I can say is that this is the most fantastic place on earth. When we arrived it truly felt like going home to family, all the staff are so friendly and helpful and go out of their way to assist you. We also chose Erakor Island as our piece of paradise to get married on. To say that the day was perfect could not begin to describe it. It was only my husband and I but the staff made it feel like our families had come, especially Natalie who I can never thank enough, she made our day so relaxed and special. The food is amazing, every meal was sooo good, with the Melanesian Feast a true highlight. If you are wanting a truly relaxing holiday in what is as close to paradise as it gets go to Erakor Island, chill out with a cocktail, snorkel in the clear blue water and be spoilt by the most fantastic staff from the ferry boat drivers all the way up to management. I know we will be heading back again and again. Miss it already.

Room Tip: Room 23 is perfect for romance, but all rooms were lovely
Port Vila, Vanuatu
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

We actually are lucky enough to live in beautiful Port Vila and visit Erakor Island once every couple of weeks if not weekly - I have 2 small dogs that i take over for a swim and a day out - the staff at erakor are so nice and friendly nothing is too much trouble - the island is lovely - sandy beaches and great relaxed atmosphere. I recently had my 84 year old mother visiting and she was so impressed with the island - the locals could not do enough to help her on and off the boat and around the island. fantastic place for families we always see kids playing in the sand and swimming around - it doesn't matter how busy the island gets - you always have your own little area of paradise and are made to always feel special. I could not recommend this place highly enough - well worth a visit.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
NZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

My partner and I stayed at Erakor Island Resort in September on our first trip to Vanuatu. What an amazing place!

The Resort's greatest asset has to be its staff. I see staff names mentioned in other reviews and each of those names brings a smile to my face. They are genuinely good people whose laidback demeanour and welcoming smiles make for a very relaxing holiday.

Don't expect absolute luxury in your room. Having said that the two things that I always consider essential - a good bed and a good shower - were both present, and the rooms are immaculately clean with daily servicing. No TV and no phone (yay!) but a good stereo with a docking station which we used lots. Yes, the spa bath took a while to fill but who cares!? You're on holiday and can kill the time by looking out on a beautiful sunset or the beach.

We stayed in Room 23 which was right at the end of the island and I highly recommend that room. It feels so wonderfully isolated. We borrowed bikes from the Resort and rode everywhere which was heaps of fun in itself.

The water is beautfiully clear and it's possible to swim right out the front of your room, but take reef shoes or borrow them from the resort as it's hard underfoot. At the other end of the island is a white sand beach if you prefer that type of swimming. The Resort has clear bottomed kayaks, sailboats, bikes, snorkels all for free.

Definitely make use of the Spa on the Island. Fabulously relaxing and great value for money. The ladies in the Spa are wonderful.

I've noticed negative comments about the food which I find surprising as we never experienced any delays with food and coming from NZ we found it good value for money (particularly when remembering that food in a hotel/resort is always a bit more expensive than elsewhere). NZ$29.00 for a very generous fish meal is reasonable to me. I highly recommend the Tahitian Fish Salad. Delicious! The fabulous Annie who works in the restaurant will bring you bread to feed the fish off the deck while you wait for your food.

If you feel like you have to leave the Island then it's a short, free ferry ride (24 hours) across the lagoon and a cheap 5 minute "bus" ride into town (I think NZ$1.50). The bus is actually just a van which will pick you up and drop you off whereever you want to go so there's no schedule you have to stick to. A taxi ride is slightly more expensive but still very affordable. Look for a B or a T on the number plate to distinguish between them.

The blue lagoon is an absolute must. Lots of fun jumping off the rocks with the locals. The fruit and vege market is great to visit too, as is the craft market. The pizza place on the waterfront is incredible and worth a stop for lunch.

I was very disappointed to hear some tourists speak of how they had successfully bartered a local tour guide down to some measly amount. Vanuatu is not the place to do this. It's not a bartering economy and it's hard to imagine how any person can take pleasure in cheating the Ni vans out of money when you see how simply they live. Gifts and tips, whilst not expected, are very gratefully received.

I truly cannot recommend Erakor Island Resort highly enough. It's a magical place and I can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Room 23 for a romantic getaway
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Erakor Island Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!