“Fantastic stay.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 43 hotels in Port Vila
Aus
“Fantastic stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I stayed here for a few days because I wanted somewhere a bit closer to town for the weekend and I was previously staying 15 minutes out of town (In Port Vila, to bus drivers this is FAR). It was perfect. You are right next to Moorings which I just to happened to enjoy the most out of the nightclubs. I didnt realise how close I was until the end of the night when I was walking home and noticed I Was yes, Right next door. The staff here are lovely and travelling alone they enjoyed chatting with me and helping me out whenever they could. One night I was meeting another traveller in town and they even got their security guard to walk me to my friend just to be safe. Having a kitchen came in handy, I cooked most of my meals myself. I did however eat in the restaurant for lunch one day and the food was fantastic! some of the best in Port Vila! It is a 5 minute walk from the main town and everything is within walking distance. The wifi in your room is $15+ a day which was a bit expensive but the wifi in the lobby was the best wifi on the island (that being said, don't expect too much from any wifi on any island and you'll be overly pleased.) On my last day I only had 1000VT left and I didn't want to pull out more money from the ATM so I asked if they could help arrange a cheaper taxi transfer to the airport, they did, and also a late checkout since my flight was in the evening =) The View every morning was amazing~ waking up here you know that life is good. I'd definitely come back again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

80 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Chantilly's is a great place to stay. The staff are friendly, efficient, and well trained. The rooms are a good size, quite well appointed (being able to self-cater, even in a limited way, is helpful), with nice views and quite well maintained. The restaurant is good, especially for weekend breakfast and lunch specials, and Willy behind the bar is a treat (especially if you like your cocktails). They also seem to offer good discounts on repeat stays (this was our third stay there and it seems to get cheaper each time).

Room Tip: Rooms toward the middle are quieter (road noise)
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Came here for a meal, We had croquettes and wrapped tapioca as entrees, and twice cooked pork belly and my partner had gnocchi as mains, my meal was the best I have had in Vanuatu, it was 2700vt, the pork belly was so tender and the beans and garlic were delicious, the mash it rested upon was also very good. We will definatly be eating here again, friendly and attentive staff, beautiful views, what more could you ask for!

• Stayed August 2013
Auckland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We came here for a work conference for dinner and it was the best meal we had in Vanuatu! Would highly recommend this place. Stunning views right on the water and in the middle of town. Perfect location!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed at chantillys for seven nights on the top level in a studio room. The room is a good size and had a microwave and hotplate if you would like to prepare own meals. All rooms have amazing water views. The bathrooms could do with some basic maintenance but overall met our needs. Please be aware there is no lift (only 3 stories) so older people or those with young kids may want to stay on the lower floors. The staff were very friendly and helpful. There is free wifi in the lobby area but none in the room. We ate at Chantilly resteraunt regularly and found it to be the best food we had in port vila. The prices are also very reasonable compare to whats available in town and you get the amazing views as well. The hotel is located a 10 minute walk along the waters edge to town which is a positive as is much quieter and relaxing,

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Torquay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Have spent many nights at Chantilly’s over the past three years and have always had the most comfortable ‘feel like home’ stays. Rooms have amazing views and are well maintained and serviced. Reception and other staff are friendly, efficient and always helpful. The restaurant serves excellent food and the coffee is the best in Vila. There is Wifi available in dining room and nearby lounge downstairs (ask for the password) and internet access can also be arranged in your room. Conveniently situated, the hotel is a pleasant and safe (at any time of the day and night) walk away from town and numerous restaurants and bars. My choice for business accommodation every time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We had to escape the perils of the Moorings Hotel and found a delightful and delicious dinning experience at Tilly's Restaurant which is part of Chantilly's on the Bay.

The waiters and the service were just fantastic and this alone has had me decide that when I am next in Port Vila, I will stay here.

I would like to thank all of the restaurant staff for making us feel so totally at home and offering such a superb dining experience!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Chantilly's on the Bay? Share your experiences!