“Absolutely amazing safe and tranquil place to be Thank You” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
25% off room rate
Ranked #24 of 46 Hotels in Port Vila
Brisbane, Australia
“Absolutely amazing safe and tranquil place to be Thank You”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

This is a wonderful safe place to stay, you feel so welcome the moment you arrive at the front reception. This is a world in its self. All the staff are just amazingly friendly. Every one greets you with a smile and a hello. The service is impeccable, the accommodation is really comfortable and has everything you need. We were in a garden deluxe room #408 and it was so peaceful. The food in the Terrace restaurant is amazing and there is so much variety, so much food and the local fare was delicious. Every night in the Terrace Restaurant has a different theme menu. We went sailing each day on the catamarans, canoeing, the lagoon is so tranquil and safe, the gardens are immaculate.
I will be returning there next year with my family as there is so much for the children to do and is very safe. On my last day there we bumped into the Prime Minister of Vanuatu and a Ambassador for Vanuatu who had stayed there ......now you know how safe it is.
If I had just one suggestion for the resort to maybe consider, it would be good if the resort had a airport shuttle bus as it would just make things easier for incoming and outgoing guests .
I have no criticism of the resort or staff as every thing was perfect.
Kindest Regards Debbie & Jeff room 408
Tip for travellers using taxi or mini busses around the island ask the price before you get in their car or bus.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeremy W, General Manager at Warwick Le Lagon Resort & Spa, Vanuatu, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Debbie5974,

A great review and thank you kindly for such comments. Yes the Prime Minister does frequent our Resort and we also have many ambassadors who have chosen our Resort as their choice of stay. I am so please you had a great holiday and that we could make it special for you and most definitely look forward to seeing you back here with us.

I will explore the shuttle bus sentiment and see how I go but there are transport rules which exist in Vanuatu that may prevent me from making an impact here? Nonetheless a good point though.

Jeremy Walsh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
sunshine coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

It's hard to explain what was the best moment at this resort. The amazing rooms on the water, with the pool (seriously treat yourself if you can!!) or was it the fantastic staff and management who bent over backwards to ensure our holiday was perfect, maybe the array of breakfast choices even the naughty ones that lingered. No hold on the Wild Ginger Restaurant and the seared scallops..or all the other advantages offered in this oasis. It's is really too hard to choose. Now I don't want you to think it's just for couples wanting that romantic getaway, although it was great for us, there were families young and old also walking through the resort smiling and laughing, so the package is there, you just have to grab it. The pools were great although we didn't spend much time in the kids pool as you would understand being a couple. The pool bar now that's paradise, which you could choose to sit in the pool or on the dry stools which was really handy if you were walking past and just wanted to double check they still had the recipe right of your favourite cocktail. And yes they did :)... its a quality control issue I wouldn't want to say they were great and they wern't now... I couldn't say enough about the way this place is now managed, but I would like to mention that if you do have a problem, don't ruin your holiday, by sulking or waiting to go home to say anything because it is too late then go talk to the general manager, he is approachable and they are there to make sure you have a moment holiday, and if it is humanly possible this team will fix it and fix it well. So it was with a heavy heart we left paradise, but we do have the photo's to prove this beautiful place exists, and the knowledge they will let us back.. Till next time Warwick we will be back..
PLEASE NOTE: When you go to Vanuatu you are on island time, so relax it will all happen and it will all be great!

Room Tip: Ok if it is really special check out erakor suite it is amazing!!! Or room 324 it has its own pool a...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Antdee,

Amazing review, I was so thrilled when I read this. Interestingly enough I was thinking about you guys today as tonight is GM Cocktails and I know you would have loved to have been there! I trust you have both settled back into your work?
The staff, as you well know, will be over the moon when I present this comment to them. I love your comment of "with the knowledge they will let us back".......Of course this is the case and I look forward to seeing you again so the memories can be rebirthed once again into paradise.
Again, thank you for such a generous review.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Warwick Le Lagon is nestled in beautifully manicured gardens which sweep down to a quiet lagoon. We stayed in the garden view rooms which were comfortable. Every morning we kayaked around the tranquil lagoon, sometimes snorkeling around the coral off Erakor Island. The staff were very friendly and the service was very good. Unfortunately, internet was very pricey and there was no free wifi hotspot at the resort. The Wild Ginger restaurant had delicious meals and breakfast at The Terrace was sumptuous. Highly recommended for couples of all ages and families alike.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeremy W, General Manager at Warwick Le Lagon Resort & Spa, Vanuatu, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Maree N,

Many thanks for your review. Indeed the Hotel is as you have suggested and the word "tranquil lagoon" is very fitting for our location. The staff like the feedback of good service and Wild Ginger certainly is an unexpected find, very nice food!
The internet is something that the Hotel is working on however moreso on the speed of such internet. Vanuatu currently relies on satelite transmission with cable scheduled for installation over the coming years. There are currently different levels of pricing which you can use depending on the amount of time you wish to be on the internet for.
Thanks you so much for your "South Pacific Jewel" header, it really does captulate you to want to read your comments. We would love to see you back at the Warwick Le Lagon in Vanuatu again.

Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Our family, (20 in total) stayed at Le Lagon in April 2013. Right from the moment we all stepped foot off the bus we felt so very welcome and the check-in was easy and quick. My immediate family was my husband and I with 2 children ages 8 and 10, our room was perfect for us, and in great proximity to the pool, lobby,golf course,kids club and restaurants. At the time of our holiday, the kids stayed and ate free which was a great benefit. The food was great the service was excellent, everything was wonderful. The thing that stood out the most for us was in the unfortunate event of an accident with our 8 year old son. Mucking around with his cousins, our son fell and landed on a glass and needed medical attention. Within minutes we had security guards there to carry him to reception, the duty manager, Soloman, was there at reception and drove us to a medical centre for our very distressed son ( and parents) to receive attention. 2 trips into Port Villa later, Soloman was with us every step of the way, his words, "I stay so I know he is alright". Money cant buy service like that. I hope nobody has any accidents on their holiday, but know that here, they really do care. 3 stitches later, fruit platter in the room, get well soon card, and rock star reception from most of the staff when my son walked around the resort, he nearly forgot he couldnt go swimming. I couldnt recommend Le Lagon more, and we will be back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear KarenBnk,

What a delightful reponse and very well recieved here at the Hotel. Its fantastic that you were able to enjoy what the Resort has to offer. Solomon is truly a great representation of what hospitality is all about, he never tires and is always around the Resort ensuring that guests are looked after and happy. I stood with him yesterday and through necessity read to him what you have written and he had a tear in his eye as he was so happy to hear it. In the meantime I hope that your son is continuing with a speedy recovery and he will always be a "rockstar" in our eyes!
Hope to see you again in Vanuatu at Warwick Le Lagon.......

Kind Regards

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

We had a wonderful time at Le Lagon overall. We were celebrating a friends 50th birthday which she thoroughly enjoyed. We upgraded to a suite on stilts which was a fantastic experience although not cheap well worth it. The BIG drawback was that we were 'all inclusive' guests & despite only ordering 'local' beers wines & spirits each time we went to the bar, our overall bill was extremely Inaccurate at the end, itemising many things that we had not consumed! Although the resort eventually waivered some of the charges, this tarnished what had been a great stay. Our friends also experienced the same thing on check out & one had her payment put through twice! This kind of thing sadly makes one reluctant to recommend to friends incase they experience the same, but we cannot deny the local staff & food were fabulous despite bar service being very much on 'island' time!!

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Snige969,

Thank you in totality for your review and it sure does seem you had quite a time at our Resort and I am sorry that the billing is what tarnished what would ordinarily been a 4-5 star review. I have been resolving this issue slowly as this was a major concern early in the year and it has minimised immensly since then. I am sad to hear that whilst the issue is minimized that it happened to yourself. I would be most grateful if you were to continue recommending us to your friends and family on the basis that I have recongnised this issue and am workinig very hard at overcoming something which is a basic expectation in todays world of hospitality. Overall though I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us, the Island suites are beautiful.

Sunshine Coast Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

The resort was great! Our room had amazing views onto the lagoon and over to Erakor. Very quiet while we were there as it was outside of NSW school holidays. Even though it was their quiet time, there were so many staff around. And they were sooooo friendly. The pool has 3 levels to it, and always kept clean. Even after a huge storm, by just after breaky... clean again! The spa treatment I had was both relaxing and professional. The meal menu changed every night as did the entertainment. We had dinner at Wild Ginger for my birthday. The food and service was amazing, right down to the delicious birthday cake they gave me. On one afternoon we were treated to a tradition cooking lesson. Very tasty! Overall, a great experience for all three of us. We will be back!

Room Tip: Our room was 105.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Jeremy W, General Manager at Warwick Le Lagon Resort & Spa, Vanuatu, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear jbehansen,

How nice to see your comments, yes this period can get a little quieter but at the same time a nice time to take a break and completely relax. The staff at the Resort are truly friendly and so genuine in their approach. I am so glad you enjoyed your spa treatment, a real holiday thing to do to rejuvenate! Wild Ginger as mentioned in previous reviews is a fantastic restaurant and quite a serendipity!
Very pleased you enjoyed your visit to the Warwick Le Lagon and Vanuatu as a destination. One of the Pacifics best kept secrets!
Look forward to seeing you back and we remain at your disposal for any correspondence you wish to engage in with us.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Had a wonderful family vacation at Le Lagon. Kids under 13 eat free at poolside for lunch and dinner at the buffet. Kids club is open until 10.30 at night if you want to go out for a nice dinner at Wild Ginger or else a babysitter is only A$3/hr. Huge 3 level pool plus a spa so plenty of space for the kids to play in, as well as indoor playcentre if wet (not that it did when we were there). Easy access to town via local buses for A$1.50 or you can get the ferry across to Erakor to enjoy their lobster seafood platter. Rooms are very spacious, well appointed, and the gardens are immaculately maintained. Overall highly recommend it as a place to stay - don't go by the photos on website as hotel is much nicer than they portray. We visited to 5 other resorts on Vanuatu and none were even close to offering as much as Le Lagon.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the lagoon did look better than garden rooms at back. Recommend ground floor too so...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Brendan W,

Your comments are very well recieved and I am thrilled you and your family were able to enjoy your vacation with us as well as the beautiful destination of Vanuatu. Wild Ginger indeed is a great restaurant and many comments posted suggest just that and yes, it is good to be able to get your time to yourself whilst having a baby sitter look after your young ones. It is also good that we are close to the town and the facilities that are offered there also. As with Wild Ginger the grounds here also get much positive review due to much care and attention provided to them, the landscaping team will be happy to hear this as well. We are in the process of upgrading our website pictures and thank you kindly for that comment. We would love to see you here again at Warwick Le Lagon Vanuatu.

Jeremy Walsh

Been to Warwick Le Lagon Resort & Spa, Vanuatu? Share your experiences!