I am writing to express my displeasure at our recent stay at the Warwick Le Lagon Resort and Spa. The Grounds, view and our room (302) were stunning, BUT there were numerous things that caused us displeasure and distress. I cannot believe it is the same place that others have recommended!
1) Check In; The welcome drinks were a lovely touch but the ridiculously high amount of Security Deposit we were informed we had to pay was outrageous, for a 3 night stay. Just because we do not own a Credit Card!!! We informed the Reception Staff that we would be paying cash for everything we purchased within the resort, this made no difference. We paid AUD security deposit, which was placed into a labelled envelope. We believed this would be held in safe keeping until our checkout. I asked at the time wether checking out the night before we were leaving would be preferable or the very early morning before our transfers arrived on the 30th at 4 AM. I was informed the Reception Desk was staffed 24 hours, the morning we were leaving would be fine.
2) The service in the Buffet Restaurant was slow, it took 20 minutes for us to be offered a drink of water, let alone any other beverage!! The buffet variety was also not as vast as we have previously encountered for the price, it took a LONG time for foods to be replenished, this was the same at the Breakfast Buffet also. We had stayed elsewhere in Vila for the previous 7 days and hadn't had an issue with service!
3) We ordered Room Service on our second night..... this took 1.5 hours to arrive!!! How do I know this?? We put on a DVD for our daughter as I phoned the order through and the order arrived WELL after the movie had ended! Not Impressed - when children are hungry - they do not wait 1.5 hours!!
4) I purchased Internet usage and was informed there were no cards available for the shorter usage time - meaning I had to purchase the VT2000 card - which I didn't even use a 1/4 of in the 3 days we were there!! This was our only way of communicating with home, as phone calls were $5 a minute at the resort.
5) My daughter attended the Kids Club, so she could participate in the Crab Hunting, this she enjoyed and said the staff were great, but she was unhappy she was not able to use the Adventure Playground as we had not paid the EXTRA VT1000 to do so!! Extra again to make a grass skirt, and have hair braided, weave a basket..... Shouldn't this be included in the price of the stay at the resort?? What happened to the kids stay, PLAY and eat for free?
6) On our final night my partner was in no condition to eat after suffering from agonising stomach craps for 2 days, I was too wary to even try to eat, but our daughter insisted she wanted to eat. So we ordered from the Pool Bar Snack Menu - Fish and Chips. We waited for this to be cooked so we could take the meal back to our room, so I could be on hand should my partner need me as he was unwell. We waited an HOUR for this meal!!
7) Checkout; Where do I start??? We informed the Staff we were checking out and that we required our Security Deposit to be refunded. The Staff member seemed not to know what we were talking about - so we informed him we did not own a Credit Card and had paid AUD as a Security Deposit, and would like it back. (At our Previous resort this had been held in a safe for us to claim upon checkout, we did this with no problems) He went off in search of our envelope I had seen the Reception Staff put our AUD into when we checked in. Coming back empty handed. He offered to pay us in Vatu. Leaving us AUD out of pocket, due to the exchange rate. Our Evergreen Transfer Coach had arrived by this time, and had packed our cases into the coach, we accepted this deal. We received many Vatu notes and a bag of VT100 coins totalling VT5000. The Reception Staff said we could exchange this at the airport. The exchange booth at the Port Vila Airport was not open at 4.30am, so we had to wait until we arrived in Sydney to exchange our money. It was here we were informed that they DO NOT EXCHANGE COINS!! VT5000 useless coins!! This being our first trip overseas we were none the wiser.
8) Lastly, Once we arrived at Port Vila Airport my daughter began suffering from Abdominal Cramping, Fever, Nausea and Vomiting. Needless to say we had a TERRIBLE trip home to Australia! She suffered through the 3 hour flight to Sydney, 2 hours at the Sydney Airport, then 1.5 hours on the Plane to Melbourne, then an additional 1.5 hours until we reached our home. Not a great way to spend the day for a 10 year old!! She now claims she will never go overseas again!
We don't know wether it was the water, a virus or something else but both my partner and daughter are only just coming good. (perhaps drink only bottled water or boiled water)
Word of mouth is a powerful thing and I am sorry to say, our experience at your resort has not placed us in a position to recommend it to anyone! We will never return! It was honestly the longest 3 days of our lives!
I am still waiting for management to follow up on these issues.
- Also Known As:
- Warwick Le Lagon Resort & Spa, Vanuatu Hotel Port Vila
- Warwick Le Lagon Resort & Spa, Vanuatu Hotel
- Warwick Le Lagon Resort And Spa, Vanuatu
- Le Lagon Hotel Vanuatu
- Vanuatu Le Lagon
- Le Lagon Vanuatu Resort
- Lagon Le Resort Vanuatu
- Le Lagon Port Vila
- Port Vila Le Lagon
- Le Lagon Vanuatu
- Warwick Le Lagon Resort & Spa, Vanuatu Port Vila
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warwick Le Lagon Resort & Spa Vanuatu is situated on 75 acres of exotic tropical gardens on the edge of the pristine Erakor Lagoon. Promising some of the finest accommodations in Vanuatu, Warwick Le Lagon Resort & Spa is the ideal place for your Vanuatu Holiday. The resort offers 140 guest rooms ranging from Classic rooms, Garden & Lagoon Superior rooms, Garden and Lagoon Bungalows, to four luxurious over-water Island Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Warwick Le Lagon Resort & Spa, Vanuatu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.