We spent 2 nights at the Holiday Inn on our arrival in Vanuatu at the start of our 2 week trip.
The hotel is a "Holiday Inn" it is large and really does not give the "island" feel that I was looking for. I can understand that families on a vacation would enjoy the resort - for travelers - I prefer a smaller place with more atmosphere where it is easy to meet others.
Our room with a Lagoon View was basic - all rooms except the end units have connecting doors - and ours had a distinct musty smell. It was clean and we were able to have wifi in our room which was a nice touch for a chain resort.
The front desk staff were very accommodating - the pool bar staff had a very poor attitude - could care less if we were there sitting at the bar or not - totally ignoring their guests.
All in all - for a family vacation - it is OK - for a traveler - not recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the serene waters of the Erakor Lagoon, Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu is set in vibrant natural surroundings. Meaning “the land that always existed”, Vanuatu is a holiday destination made up of 83 tropical islands located northeast of New Caledonia. Immersed in cultural richness and native splendour, the islands hold crystal blue beaches, coral reefs, hot springs, exotic rainforests, and stunning waterfalls that are some of the most beautiful in the world. The Vanuatu hotel’s Erakor Ballroom and Valea meeting space provides exceptional indoor and outdoor meeting facilities, and the accommodation resort also features a unique Namele Day Spa, two luxurious outdoor holiday swimming pools, and the newly refurbished Palms Casino. The views from the rooms include lush gardens, blue lagoons, and a golf course. The hotel boasts 5 dining areas. Breakfast, buffet and à la carte dinners are served daily. There is an extensive wine list from New Zealand, Australia and France. Get to experience the perfect Vanuatu holiday with island lifestyle at Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu Hotel Port Vila
- Port Vila Le Meridien
- Le Meridien Vanuatu
- Le Meridian Vanuatu
- Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu Port Vila