Just returned from an 8 night stay at Holiday Inn Vanuatu and thought we should get a review in whilst everything is fresh in our minds. Travelled as a family, looking for r&r (mum and dad anyway), sun, fun and good accommodation.
The Holiday Inn was a hit in may respects - and a miss with a few as well (shall get to those later). On the positive side:
The Room - we had a lagoon view room. It was clean and tidy, the beds were comfortable and the pillows fantastic!
Housekeeping - congratulations to the ladies responsible for this. They did a great job day in day out with a minimum of fuss. It was a pleasure to come back to our room at the end of a day out to find the room in such good order. I doubt they get to many accolades, so well done!
Activities Team - great group of guys. Always had a smile on their faces, said hello every time you walked past the hut and spent heaps of time entertaining the many kids in the resort
Breakfast Team - Much has been said in other reviews about the breakfast. It was good for sure, but not so good that I need to spend time raving about it.
On the negative side:
The Pool Bar - we were at the resort 8 nights, so we had a decent amount of time to assess. The guys in this area need a serious personality injection (maybe watch the activities guys for a while). You certainly don't get that tropical island, bar staff happily chatting away, smiling and tossing cocktails around feel. We really think management need to get these guys to spark up a little.
2.30am Call to Reception - 7 of our 8 nights were quiet as a church mouse once we were in bed for the night. Unfortunately 1 wasn't. The room next to us was making excessive noise at 2.30am. Our understanding was nobody was booked in said room. Guessing it was staff unwinding?? can't be sure but to the credit of those on duty, within minutes of our call being placed, security had resolved / removed the problem and not another word was heard.
The Pool Itself - was probably a little cool. This wasn't just our opinion....we spoke to other holidaymakers and got the same vibe from them.
Shall leave it there as I don't want readers to get the impression we had a negative experience as that most certainly wasn't the case! Our kids had an absolute ball, the grounds, the lagoon the views etc are all great.
Just 1 final tip - if you have girls and they insist upon hair braiding......get it done at kids club. They do a much better job than you get at the markets in town. We know this because our girls got their's done in town only to have them fall apart in a day or so. The kids club ladies did an awesome job!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the serene waters of the Erakor Lagoon, Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu is set in vibrant natural surroundings. Meaning “the land that always existed”, Vanuatu is a holiday destination made up of 83 tropical islands located northeast of New Caledonia. Immersed in cultural richness and native splendour, the islands hold crystal blue beaches, coral reefs, hot springs, exotic rainforests, and stunning waterfalls that are some of the most beautiful in the world. The Vanuatu hotel’s Erakor Ballroom and Valea meeting space provides exceptional indoor and outdoor meeting facilities, and the accommodation resort also features a unique Namele Day Spa, two luxurious outdoor holiday swimming pools, and the newly refurbished Palms Casino. The views from the rooms include lush gardens, blue lagoons, and a golf course. The hotel boasts 5 dining areas. Breakfast, buffet and à la carte dinners are served daily. There is an extensive wine list from New Zealand, Australia and France. Get to experience the perfect Vanuatu holiday with island lifestyle at Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu Hotel Port Vila
- Port Vila Le Meridien
- Le Meridien Vanuatu
- Le Meridian Vanuatu
- Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu Port Vila