Just returned from a week at this great resort with the family of 2 teenage kids and highly recommend it. Facilities and service in general were fantastic. All staff were friendly and eager to please. Management staff also went above-and-beyond to make guests feel welcome and were very hands-on and visible. Loved the availability of the water sports equipment (kayak, catamaran, paddle boards, etc). Staff at the activities centre were simply wonderful with our teenagers, often participating in our beach volleyball matches and encouraging the kids to play. Food was great - in all locations. Enjoyed the fire-dancing night immensely!! I also enjoyed catching up and chatting with the management staff at drinks one evening (Priority Club Members).
A couple of down-sides:
The room we had was very noisy - as commented by others. We had middle floor room (#211) - with adjoining door - and had noise from next room (baby crying!), above (toddlers jumping on floor at 6:00am) and sounds of walking (running) children along the corridor which made sleeping in past 6:30am impossible on most days (guess that's to be expected during Aust school holiday time?). Air-conditioning was not that effective (inconsistent temperature), so ceiling fan at low speed is recommended.
The condition of the golf course is average due to issue with the type of grass. The grass is long on most fairways (lose balls on the fairway) and greens were not in good condition. Believe this is a known-issue to management.
However, don't let these down-sides impact your assessment. Our overall rating is excellent, and we all looking forward to another visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the serene waters of the Erakor Lagoon, Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu is set in vibrant natural surroundings. Meaning “the land that always existed”, Vanuatu is a holiday destination made up of 83 tropical islands located northeast of New Caledonia. Immersed in cultural richness and native splendour, the islands hold crystal blue beaches, coral reefs, hot springs, exotic rainforests, and stunning waterfalls that are some of the most beautiful in the world. The Vanuatu hotel’s Erakor Ballroom and Valea meeting space provides exceptional indoor and outdoor meeting facilities, and the accommodation resort also features a unique Namele Day Spa, two luxurious outdoor holiday swimming pools, and the newly refurbished Palms Casino. The views from the rooms include lush gardens, blue lagoons, and a golf course. The hotel boasts 5 dining areas. Breakfast, buffet and à la carte dinners are served daily. There is an extensive wine list from New Zealand, Australia and France. Get to experience the perfect Vanuatu holiday with island lifestyle at Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu Hotel Port Vila
- Port Vila Le Meridien
- Le Meridien Vanuatu
- Le Meridian Vanuatu
- Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu Port Vila