“Wonderful dining experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Elan

Elan
Wharf Road (Drive past the cruise ship wharf and follow road up round to the left, just past the Dream Cove gates on the left) | Palm Cove/Ifira Point, Port Vila, Efate, Vanuatu
+678 25526
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 73 Restaurants in Port Vila
Cuisines: Seafood, International, Pacific Rim
Good for: Outdoor seating, Scenic view
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Elan is a unique dining experience in Vanuatu. A restaurant purpose built by the owners to offer elegant island style dining. The restaurant is situated on the beach overlooking beautiful aqua waters and enjoys the best sunsets in Port Vila. Elans fresh and authentic menus are inspired by the classics - French, Italian, Asian, Mediterranean and the flavors' of the Pacific. We pride ourselves on sourcing as much of the freshest locally grown produce as possible, including we believe and our customers agree the best free range grass fed beef in the world. Elan was chosen to host the only Royal Dinner for HRH Princess Anne's visit to Vanuatu in October 2014. Open: 5pm Wednesday to Saturdays.
Burleigh Heads, Australia
“Wonderful dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Based on reviews on Tripadvisor, I emailed Linda (one of the owners) from Australia a couple of months before going to Vanuatu. I wanted to book a special celebratory meal for my mother on the last night we were at Port Vila.

Linda reserved the best table in the house. Right in the middle of the alfresco patio on the edge of the gorgeous bay. We arrived before sunset, as recommended by other reviewers and were rewarded by stunning views. Linda even kindly offered to take photos of the two of us so my mum has wonderful memories of her special night.

The food was great. Very fresh and contemporary cuisine. I had the prawn and avocado cocktail and mum had prawn skewers for entree. We both had the opulent fish for mains but mine was cooked in the banana leaf with coconut. Delicious.

Overall, this restaurant deserves its number one position on Tripadvisor.

Just beware that it is right out of town beyond the cruise ship terminal so a taxi will cost more than going into Port Vila if you are staying in a resort like The Holiday Inn as we did.

Thank you for a wonderful evening Linda.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Lovely and delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Fantastic restaurant, could not fault the food. Had seafood chowder, tuna carpaccio, poulet fish in banana leaf, beef wellington, pork belly. All delicious, well presented and good portions. Location and decor simply gorgeous. Great staff

Visited November 2013
Port Vila, Vanuatu
“"Great Restaurant, the best Port Vila has to offer"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Visited this Restaurant with my wife a couple of time and also with work colleagues. Can honestly say cannot fault the place.
Food has always been fresh and tasty and I am gradually working my way through the menu as their are so many dishes I love.
The service is efficient, friendly and the owners are always ensuring a wonderful dining experience.
Wish they were open more days.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Fantastic Ambience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Went there for dinner with my wife on November 23 - our last night in Port Vila.

Coming out on a dusty track past the cruise terminal you don't know quite what to expect. The location however is superb. We had a table on the verandah overlooking the harbour. The service was very good without being intrusive.

Small, but very good wine list with one anomaly. We dined out the four nights we were in Vila and I did not see Riesling on any wine list. Surprising considering how well it goes with seafood. Did mention it to the owner.

We both had entree and mains. I had the tuna carpaccio which was excellent. My wife was disappointed with her crab cakes topped with a scallop. While the scallop was cooked to perfection she said that the crab cakes were soggy and she could have done better herself.

I had the pork belly for mains and it was very good. The pork was moist and the crackling crackled. My only minor quibble was that there was way to much sauce.

My wife had the poulet and while she thought the fish was very good, she was disappointed with the presentation. Basically just a few steamed vegetables.

Still a very worthwhile dining experience and we are next in Vila it will be one of the first places that we will dine at

Port Vila, Vanuatu
“Great food, lovely hosts.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

If you go to Élan, make it at the start of your stay in Vanuatu...but it will spoil you for other restaurants.
We had a delicious meal, the fish is fresh daily...but do confirm that before you order..so I recommend the poulet fish if it's available. Currently they are cooking it two ways, poached and baked in banana leaves - try the banana leaf version for a taste of Vanuatu. Husband had the steak, which of course should always be good Vanuatu organic beef! And it was also great.
Good, but small selection of wine, but what they do have is good.
Beautiful location, great food, lovely hosts.

• Visited October 2013