“Great guys and so very helpful...” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 65 Activities in Port Vila
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Big Blue Scuba teach more people to dive than anyone else in Vanuatu. We have local instructors and dive masters with great local knowledge. They love to share their dive sites with divers of all levels and experience, with multiple boats and dive sites we can cater to all.
Tauranga, New Zealand
8 attraction reviews
“Great guys and so very helpful...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This has to be one of the best attractions in Vanuatu. We met the guys from Big Blue 3 days before we were to fly out and in that short time I was able to pass the padi open water course. The instructors are amazing going the extra mile to support and encourage you.... thanks Crysal,Fabice and Bennie for the confident and professional way you helped to make me feel comfortable..... and what a place to do a padi course... 29 degrees in the water and beautiful tropical fish for as far as you can see in this beautiful crystal clear water.

Gold Coast
“the best thing you will ever do”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

If you are first time diver I completely recommend these guys. I just went to have a go at something that I have never done before. Went for my intro to diving and then decided to upgrade to the open diving ticket. Feel in love with diving and feel even more inlove with then i already was. These guys are fun and keep it light while highlighting and maintaining safety etc. Thank you big blue - might have to come back to try the the night time dive. If you dont/can't dive they do snorkelling tours - so they cover the whole family

Vancouver
“Gave me the blues...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I was in Port Vila and wanted to do a dive or two. I'm very inexperienced having done six dives three years ago in Bellize, so I wanted a professional outfit that would refresh me on some basics and make me feel confident in their expertise. On the phone, I got the impression Big Blue could manage this. When I arrived to start suiting up for the dive, there was an air of chaos and disorganization which made me very nervous. I was handed off no less than three times to someone who would help set me up with gear but no one seemed to have the time or patience to do so. I was hurriedly given my gear and told how to prepare it. I felt like I was a pain in the butt rather than a valued customer. The staff needed to be reminded that we wanted refreshments also and seemed to believe the best seats in the boat were their domain. Once the dive began, my dive master was attentive to my situation which helped reassure me somewhat. If you are looking for an attentive crew on a clean boat that's well organized, you will be disappointed.

Visited February 2013
Perth, Australia
8 attraction reviews
“Good value great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

A great company who really know their stuff. We went on the afternoon snorkel/dive...twice! They were very accommodating and took us to different locations each time. One of us dives and the other only snorkels so we were each given our own guide who showed us the best spots and pointed out great fish/coral etc. Very friendly and funny staff who made the trips fun and memorable. They made sure you go your money's worth. The sights were beautiful, unlike anything we've seen before and we felt safe with the experienced guides. They also offer dive training and are very helpful answering any questions. Great company!

Melbourne, Australia
4 attraction reviews
“if your too scared to dive, these are the guys to help”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I was never contimplating learning to dive. I had the exact oppostie idea in my head. But I went to book my son and husband in. After speaking to Tony (manager) he assured me he had just the right person to teach me. One on one. No strings attached but he was confident that they could help me. I had Jerry as my guide and he held my hand to start with as we went into the pool. By the end of the session, I was flooding my mask with water and clearing it and even went for a lap of the pool without the mask on. It was a bit daunting but the only thing that was going to happen was that my eyes would get wet. I could still breathe. I managed to get my reg out of my mouth and back in and practised the buddy breathing too. No issues. So, if you are too scared to try but want to in a calm envioronment with patient people, then give these guys a go. And this training is all for free!!!

Visited January 2013