We arrived to them offering us a lei and shell neckless and a drink. These were virtually shoved in front of us whilst we were trying to sign paperwork. We were put into room 5. If you get this room, ask for an instant room change. Whilst paying top dollar for a fare on the beach, you also are located within 5 metres of the restaurant and television viewing room, both of these facilities are open-air. You can hear guest's conversations and they can hear yours. You can forget any romance. There is no privacy as the screens have to be shut and therefore no sea breeze. Not great on a humid night.
The toilet seat was broken and the tap leaked and this is was constant all night. We woke to have a shower - a cold one. We then asked to change rooms which took hours. No matter how many times we went to check.
Finally, after numerous update checks, we got our room change. There was no help to move our luggage and no apology.
We were given room no 11 which was much better and the only passing traffic was at the front of the room - except for staff who thought it was a good shortcut to walk passed your opened blind and decide to look in. Very inappropriate!
After arriving at room 11 we discovered room 5 was substandard in other ways. Room 11 came with an informative welcome booklet, a laundry bag, a large rain umbrella and the 'do not disturb' sign. None of these were found in room 5.
We ordered lunch and two drinks. They said they would deliver this to our fare. Our drinks took 20 min to come and then after another 20 minutes, our meals arrived. Needless to say our hot chips were not hot.
We reserved table # 33 for dinner at 6.30pm
When we arrived our table had other guests. There was no apology or any attempt to find us a table in the same area. There was one empty table, so we asked could we sit there? It had already been used that night. The waitress started to set the table - I pointed out to her that the tablecloth was quite dirty expecting her to change it. She did not see the dirty tablecloth as a problem. So we asked to sit elsewhere. We had to sit up the top where there was continual passing traffic.
The tablecloth where we sat had over 30 'moth' holes in it.
We ordered a cocktail called a 'breakers dream' which was described as containing Kahlua, Baileys and cream. Whilst watching the barman, we noticed he was using a cheaper generic substitutes despite the genuine bottles as described being on display.
The towels are very old and some threadbare. Whilst they may have been clean there were a number covered in stains. On some days, despite our towels being dirty and put in a pile on the floor for washing, they were simply picked up and hung back up on the towel rack.
Whilst most of the staff were friendly and wanting to be helpful they lacked training and any sense of customer importance.
Would I recommend this resort. NO!
If you have already booked this resort, may we suggest going out for the day to the close by Le Lagoon resort or a ferry ride over to Iririki resort. You get to use their superior facilities for free and the service is much better. The Le lagoon was so much more professional and it was never too much trouble for any of our requests. We booked a lagoon cruise and we got to tag along the fish feeding cruise as well for free.
If you have not booked yet don't bother with breakers, go direct to Le lagoon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amidst swaying palms fringed on it's own private beach, Breakas Beach Resort is an intimate 3.5 Star tropical resort in a 5 star location for adults only welcoming guests over the age of 15 years. Enhanced by individual garden & beachfront Fares (Bungalows), Breakas Beach Resort is the ultimate relaxed "feet in the sand" beach holiday. Slip into a world of tranquility. The Resort features a stunning 22 metre infinity pool which falls into the horizon of the Pacific Ocean. The natural beauty of a private cove on the Pango peninsular provides an unrivalled backdrop in Port Vila. Fares (Bungalows) are scattered along the shoreline and throughout manicured tropical gardens ensuring privacy, intimacy and seclusion. With spectacular views to Port Vila's best surfing beach break, the restaurant provides a unique setting for a unique dining experience. The executive chef has created one of the finest menus using fresh, local produce, seafoods and world class Santo beef and we are famous for our beachside dining with stars above and sand underfoot.... It does not get much better than this. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Breakas Beach Resort Vanuatu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breakas Beach Resort Vanuatu Hotel Port Vila
- Breakas Beach Resort Vanuatu Port Vila