“Delicious food” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 72 restaurants in Port Vila
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Emily's is next to the National Museum and across the road from Vanuatu parliament and operates a "No Frills" restaurant that is renowned for its "5 Star" quality food at budget rates. Emily's is the only restaurant to be licensed to operate 24x7 in Port Vila and serves a variety of cuisines with regular and daily specials also featured on the menu. We are famous for our large helpings and our Vanuatu Steak and also feature dishes such as our wood fired BBQ Chicken and chips, Poulet fish and chips and Chicken Schnitzel to name a few.Emily's, ples blo gud fala kakai! (where the food is awesome!)
Adelaide, Australia
“Delicious food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

A lovely, casual place to eat where the food is delicious & the staff are polite & friendly. The daily specials are excellent value (1000 VT) & the rump steak with mushroom sauce was so nice.

Visited April 2013
Bob N, Owner at Emily's Cafe & Takeaway, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thanks Sarah, I am pleased you enjoyed the food and the service of our polite & friendly staff. Nothing better than the local beef for a good steak here!

81% Recommend
“Over-rated. Only went there because of the rave reviews on Tripadvisor, however was very disappointed.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Had garlic prawns (which were shrimps...and even then l only received approx 7-8 only), and my girlfriend had chicken thai curry which was poor in taste. All up it cost us $45 (2 drinks) and felt very disappointed. Won't be going back.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Bob N, Owner at Emily's Cafe & Takeaway, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
I am sorry you were disappointed with your meal, however the prawns you had were imported from New Zealand, we don't use shrimp. If you were to order garlic prawns in Australia, you would only get 6 and pay double the price. The Thai chicken curry is a noodle dish and is always receiving wonderful comments so I am unsure exactly of what was the problem there. It is unfortunate you seemed to expect 'a la carte' quality at a cafe/takeaway price...., but thank you for taking time to write your review.
Cairns, Queensland, Australia
“Nice food very relaxed setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We dined at Emily's during our recent stay in Port Vila. The specials of the day were a bargain and we were very pleased with the food. Good prices for both food and drinks. The service was good as well. My husband had a stirfry noodle dish - which he really enjoyed. I had the special of the day Steak with sweet potato mash - very nice and a bargain. Will be back for sure.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bob N, Owner at Emily's Cafe & Takeaway, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review. Our daily specials are very popular - and you can see why. We try to keep our prices as low as we can, to ensure value for money.
Thanks again.
Bob
Brisbane
“A very handy restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

My wife and I had a meal there one evening about 3 weeks ago for the first time. We were reasonably impressed with the service and the meal. My wife had a hamburger as she enjoys the fine local beef, and I had the seafood pasta. Both enjoyable large meals and very reasonably priced. Will go there again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bob N, Owner at Emily's Cafe & Takeaway, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
No better place to enjoy the local beef and seafood than in Vanuatu. I am very happy you both enjoyed your meals and we would love to see you both again.
Thank you for your review, regards, Bob
Gold Coast
“10/10 Service 10/10 Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

This is a must go place for budget and non budget tourists alike! 1000vatu steak, chips and salad is the some of the best value in Port Vila. The staff are second to none. Whoever is their boss should be stoked to have such beautiful polite staff (I hope they pass this on to the staff PLEASE). Cold beer, cold soft drink and the best strawberry ice cream in a cone (the first one I have had in probably 15 years). The hot noodles are awesome.... actually I could go on for ages on here about this place. Emily's cafe has awesome food and a warm and friendly atmosphere. Thank you to staff at Emily's for making me feel so welcome and at home. Plus as an aussie tourist on my own it was great to be able to sit down to a meal and chat away to other tourists.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bob N, Owner at Emily's Cafe & Takeaway, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your fantastic review! I have indeed past your comments on to the staff, and have given them all a pat on the back! As an Aussie myself I know how important a 'cold' beer is...so this we make sure of! I am happy you enjoyed both the food and the service - please don't wait another 15 years for strawberry ice cream - we'd love to have you back sooner than that!
thanks again, Bob