“Best setting in Vila” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Melbourne
“Best setting in Vila”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We tool the ferry over for lunch and had a great time. The restaurant is spectacular, it is over the water and has a great view. It screams 5 star. Service was very friendly and efficient. The staff brought us over some bread to feed the fish and that kept our daughter entertained until her meal arrived.

The food was good, but not great. My daughter had the potato and bacon soup from the special board and it was delicious, with beautiful homemade bread. I had the seafood marinara and while it looked great, the flavour was just so-so. The scallops in it were amazing, but the prawns and clams were just ok. My husband had the fish and chips. The batter was very heavy (it was meant to be tempura) and the fish was good, but not great. I think we expected a lot more given the location. Also, despite the restaurant only having a few tables, his meal was brought out a good 10 minutes after mine.

I have a feeling that maybe we got unlucky, because everything else about this place was great. I would try it again, and order differently, and see if things improve.

Great to be able to have a swim and use the hotel facilities when we finished our meal.

Visited March 2013

Sydney, Australia
“I love this place!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I lived in Vanuatu years ago and have always loved this place. The setting is just divine with a short boat ride over to the restaurant (we even spotted a dugong on the way over this time). It's particularly beautiful for an early dinner on sunset. The food is always great.. My husband and my 5 month old went twice on our latest visit and both times had a great meal and great service with a table overlooking the water. And on both occassion's there was a special evening on at the resort so the restaurant wasn't too busy, which meant that when my entree's came out the wait staff took our little one and held her the entire way through our meals which enable my husband and I to relax and really enjoy the evening without having to entertain our bub... such a bonus for us and the wait staff just loved her! The meals were great... between my husband and I we enjoyed the coconut prawns and calamari for the entrees which were both really nice, and for mains the vegetarian curry and the crab, both of which were well presented and really enjoyable. Took my husband a while to work through the crab, but that's crab for you.... didn't manage to fit in dessert, but no doubt it would have been nice. This restaurant has an incredibly relaxed feel and the staff are friendly and very caring. Will always return to this restaurant. It's just a great option all round.

Visited April 2013
Audtralia
“Best meal in Vanuatu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Simply divine food!! And cheaper than many other Port Vila restaurants.
Well worth the trip to the island to dine here - we LOVED our meals - especially the creme brûlée!!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cessnock, Australia
“Ideal alternative when staying at the Warwick Le Lagon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Great little restaurant on Erakor Island. This was an excellent option when we were staying at the Warwick Resort. The food was good, the view fantastic and the staff friendly attentive and efficient.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Adelaide
“Not a bad place !”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We took the boat over from the mainland - once for dinner & ones for breakfast. The food was nice & so was the service. I'll eat here again !!

Visited March 2013