“Definite Highlight!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 65 Activities in Port Vila
Type: Sports Camps/ Clinics, Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: EDGE Vanuatu is a multi-award winning Adventure Tourism Company featuring the Cascades Abseil. Our clients are transferred to the beautiful Mele Cascades, after the briefing and gear fitting you are taken on a walk to our Practice Cliff, first stopping out our Lookout. We have an 8m Practice Cliff where we teach you the basics of abseiling beside a lovely rock pool. Then it's 50 m down the waterfall in two 25 m pitches, the first passing a cave and on the second you cross underneath the waterfall before landing in the pool at the bottom and being guided back through the spectacular Mele Cascades for refreshments and a chance to view the photos from your tour.
Melbourne, Australia
6 attraction reviews
“Definite Highlight!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Forget the highlight of my trip - this is one of the highlights of my life. I had never abseiled before and was incredibly nervous upon beginning. The staff were INCREDIBLY helpful, patient and not to mention encouraging. I was lucky enough to have one of the staff abseil along side me to help, and I don't think I would of been able to do it without him.

We were lucky enough to be the only people doing the tour and while there were only two of us abseiling everything still went ahead. The photos we purchased are all amazing, two blurry ones due to not being able to escape water from the Cascades on the lens, and pictures from all stages of the practice cliff and waterfall.

I'm still on a high from this experience, it was exhilerating and beautiful and most of all FUN. I just can't say thankyou enough to the wonderful, attentive, positive staff that helped me achieve something I never thought I would! Can't wait to return and do again!

Visited March 2014

Brisbane, Australia
“Highlight of Vanuatu trip ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Without a doubt the best experience of the whole trip. Amazing!! I bought photos but unfortunately they were quite blurry, a bit of a disappointment considering the cost. At least the memories last a lifetime!

Brisbane, Australia
12 attraction reviews
“One of the coolest things I've ever done!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Definitely a once in a lifetime opportunity! How often do you get to abseil down a 50m waterfall!!! Be warned - the walk up to the practice run is incredibly steep and can be very slippery if it has been raining. Don't expect to be able to climb to the top easily if you haven't done much physical activity in the months prior to your trip. In saying this, everyone in our group of 10 made it up to the top safely (some had rope burn though which made it harder for them to abseil down). The guides were very knowledgeable and made the walk up to the top a more enjoyable experience by giving out water etc. I'll be honest, I was very nervous about the safety aspect of the abseil, but after the demonstration and the safety briefing at the practice abseil I felt much more at ease. The abseil down the waterfall itself is something else, extremely exhilarating. As you abseil down there are 5 guides situated on the rocks asking how you're going and hooking you up to more safety lines. The guides are always happy to help and will calm you down if you are feeling nervous. Couldn't recommend this tour more! Don't miss out

Visited February 2014
Belfast, United Kingdom
18 attraction reviews
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Well worth doing. If your in Vanuatu and have an adventurous side this is definitely the trip for you. Why just walk to the waterfall like everyone else when you can abseil down it! The guys were amazing, very friendly, patient and helpful. Ok, it's a bit of a hike to the top of the waterfall but the experience of abseiling down makes it worth it.

Visited February 2014
Sydney
7 attraction reviews
“Adrenaline rush!!! Amazing experience...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

This was truly a lifetime experience, great guys, very safe, and a great thrill. The hardest part in my opinion was the steep climb to the top which requires some degree of strength!

The only negative thing I would say about this experience was the price of the Deluxe picture packagae!! $40 is a rip off, ESPECIALLY considering they have EVERYONE'S pictures on there - not just yours. We went through sooo many pictures of other people we didn't even know, and there were only a select few photos of US in it all. NOT worth $40 AUS for only a handful of OUR photos! Take your own camera guys.

Visited January 2014