“Not as good as 12 months ago, but still ok” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #67 of 74 Restaurants in Port Vila
Cuisines: International, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Canberra
“Not as good as 12 months ago, but still ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2011

My husband and I made the trip out to Breakas especially for dinner as we had enjoyed our meals there as house guests in December 2009. Whilst the resort doesn't seem to have changed much with Ramada's acquisition of the property, sadly the kitchen is now less than inspiring. I had been dreaming of having a veal dish I had had there last year but sadly now there was very limited choice with a couple of fairly boring specials. I had the ubiquitous poulet fish which was tasty and plentiful and my partner had the beef medallions which were small but tender and tasty. I wouldn't bother to take the trip out to Breakas just for a meal or drinks (the beers are more expensive than other places around town) but if you're in the area the setting is lovely and the food is fine if you're not after anything special. The service was fine. They had a music duo also which seemed to be finding their feet and their repertoire mainly comprised of tortured Celine Dion ballads and the like - they were great when they did a couple of reggae numbers but I think they were then told by the manager to tone it down.

• Visited January 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Byron Bay
“Value, friendly and good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2009

It is always a good sign when you walk into a place and see local people eating there on a special occasion. La Terrasse is a good value friendly place with honest and good quality food at reasonable prices (by Port Vila standards). we ate the lunch special and it was a chicken dish with generous servings and well cooked.

Worth a look.