“we loved it” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“we loved it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

we had very nice time here with great food and service!my wife had the eye fillet which was made great and she enjoyed it and I had fish served in Coconut and that was both presentation and taste-great!

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Sydney
“Had to try - glad we did”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

We were looking for somewhere nice to eat for our last night on Vila when I remembered researching Vila Chaumieres on Trip Advisor when planning our holiday. As we were staying down the road at Sunset Bungalows we called in at lunch and had a look around. We were impressed with the ambience and location so we booked in for dinner that night. Later in the day I had a look at the reviews on TA and was disappointed to see such negative reviews. I then was second guessing whether to cancel and go somewhere else. With short notice we decided to give it a try. Well we were glad we went! It was a wonderful way to spend our last night before moving on to another location. The restaurant setting is just stunning, jutting out over the lagoon, wonderful sunset and great food. We are not big eaters so we shared the fisherman's plate which included a beautifully cooked lobster. Not sure about the negative reviews but the night we went we were not disappointed.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wellington
“Gorgeous setting and excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

We stayed at the accommodation and ate a few meals at the restaurant during our stay. The food was always excellent. The seafood I had for lunch one day was the best meal I ate during our Vanuatu holiday..wonderful delicate flavours! The wine choices were also great. Then there is the gorgeous setting right over the water, so close you can watch the fish swimming below your feet. Loved it!

Visited August 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Magnificent seafood platter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

We had a fabulous long lunch last Sunday. My husband had the Fisherman's platter as pictured above and it was wonderful. My friend and I had the lobster and it was great followed by a pawpaw and cointreau souffle. All this was washed down with a few lovely bottles of French white in a sublime setting. I enjoyed the meal so much that I went back on my own to have the Fisherman's platter before getting on the plane to come home.

It is really disappointing to read critical comments regarding the lack of availability of coconut crab. I think it is commendable and responsible that the restaurant respects the restrictions put in place to ensure sustainability of the coconut crab. This is a difficult decision for many locals as the crab is a significant source of income.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Auckland
“lovely setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Loved having dinner outside while watching fish and crabs in the water below from our table .quaint setting. Very peaceful with lovely views out over water. Good selection of food and drink.

Visited July 2014