“Nautilus Scuba Diving” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Nautilus Watersports is the best known dive operator in Port Vila and has established itself as one of the most professional scuba diving centres in the South Pacific with over 30 years in operation.Facilities include a large training pool, gear washing and storage areas, equipment hire and servicing facilities for all your scuba diving needs. We dive from a very comfortable purpose built dive boat "COWRIE" We go out of our way to make sure you have the best possible experience right from when we pick you up from your resort. Nautilus Watersports specialises in all facets of scuba diving from introductory dive tours through to a full PADI course (Open water, Advanced, Rescue and Divemaster). Each dive is different to the last with coral reef drop offs, amazing fish life, a huge cavern, night diving and wrecks. You can even dive a sunken flying boat!Why not join us and "Dive in Paradise"
Sydney
“Nautilus Scuba Diving”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2009

Nautilus Scuba Diving is located near the centre of town in Port Vila. I did my PADI open water certificate here. The staff were very helpful and were very flexible with my course, letting me start on the same day I enquired.

They have a smallish swimming pool to learn skills in, which was well suited to the purpose. When I did my 4 open water dives, we went out on their boat, which is very well designed, and a much larger boat than some of the rival dive companies.

The dives I did were great; not too deep, as I was only just learning, and with heaps of fish. I saw barracuda, gropers, potato cod, trigger fish, parrot fish, wrasse, angel fish, butterfly fish, bat fish, puffer fish, a moray eel, an octopus, stone fish, nudibranch, anenome fish, ribbon fish and many more that I do not know the names of.

I was one-on-one with an instructor the whole time, so I felt very safe and secure. My dad (who has had his open water certificate for 27 years) came out on a dive too, and he was also impressed. They did some refresher skills with him, and he too was one-on-one with a divemaster.

I'm not an expert on dive equipment, but what they had seemed well cared for and in good condition.

Even when it was a dull and rainy day, the dive was warm and had good visibility, so diving is definitely a good option when the weather is not great in Vila.