“Excellent! Mouthwatering steak.” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
work
“Excellent! Mouthwatering steak.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2009

I had quite a few disappointing meals in Vanuatu, even at the recommended restaurants but this was definitely not one of them. I would definitely recommend Flaming Bull to anyone that likes a good steak.

Steak was cooked to perfection with the best chilli sauce I have ever had (even if it wasn't as spicy as I would have liked). Serving sizes were quite decent and staff fast and friendly. One of the only places I found in Vanuatu that does a REAL chocolate mousse! The only downside was the mousse was so good I "HAD" to eat two and made myself feel a bit sick, Well worth it tho!

Also It was good to watch how well all the kitchen staff worked, I was very impressed...No wonder they turn out good food. I will definitely go back next time I'm in Vanuatu.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

ballina
“Melt in your mouth”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2009

We arrived early and were the second lot of people. The waitress asked if we had a booking, which we did not, but that was not a problem. We were shown to a table in the corner with a view to the bar, road & water. We ordered rare steaks, next time will be medium (mine was still mooing), but all you had to do was stick in your fork, hold the knife and pull away, it was that tender and the flavour was tasty. The food & service was fantastic. The Flaming Bull will be on our list, when next we are there.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
sydney
“Not what we expected”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2009

after reading all the reviews I convinced my husband, my sister & brotherinlaw to go there. Well what can i say, the service was really terrible we waited one & half hours for our main (didnt order anything else except the main) & sat there watching everyone walking in & getting their entrees & main first. when we tried to ask them what was happening they said it would be there soon. like i said we waited 1 half hours. I have to say the food was good it most definatley wasnt the best, i hate to pan places but you need to be made aware that there are some faults with this place. one little bit of advise is when asking for medium to well done just tell them well done (my husbands steak was rare & my brother inlaws was blue)

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Wellington
“Excellent Food, Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2009

We (family of two adults and two teenagers) went to the Flaming Bull after it was highly recommended to us by others at our resort. The food was excellent, the service couldn't be faulted and the atmosphere was great. We all had steak and although it was the only beef we ate in Vanuatu it was easily as good as, if not better than any steak I have ever had in a restaurant at home. Although the prices were more than we are used to, so was restaurant food everywhere we ate in Vanuatu. However the meal was substantial and having decided we were going to have dessert that night, we had to decline when offered the dessert menu as we were full just from the main, so you would have to say it was value for money. If it had't been our last night in Vanuatu, we would have gone back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Auckland, New Zealand
“Good portions but overpriced and a bit dirty”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2009

Ate here on our first night in Vanuatu, the steaks were cooked very well and cocktails were lovely, however it was a bit gruby and really overpriced for what you got.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere