We were looking for something different this trip to Port Vila and while looking for a house to rent, came across Tara Beach - it was just what we were looking for - plus no cooking. A self contained unit where there was room to move and even with the other units there was plenty of privacy. All correspondence was done via email and nothing was too much trouble for Sala and Lei.
From the moment we arrived (it was footy grand final night) we were very happy with our choice of accommodation. Living with air conditioning for 10 months of the year (live in remote far north west Queensland) my only concern was that it would be uncomfortable in the unit with out air con. Not so, Sala assured us and with the breeze from the ocean and the fans in the unit, he was right - it was pure bliss. Added to that, you could look out to the ocean from the single beds and at night go to sleep to the sound of the waves. The crystal clear water off the jetty made it a joy to feed the fish there and made you want to learn to snorkle!!! The beach though small was a lovely place for a walk and get the sand between your toes plus there are plenty of rock pools to explore.
The staff of Karl, Christin and Lulu were genuinely helpful and nothing was too much bother. One day we were a bit late going for lunch and Karl appeared on our doorstep and said if we would like to order lunch he would bring it up to our unit for us (which we did) - now that is service for you! The food was always fresh and their fish and chips was the best ever. Check out the Lobsters too as fresh as you could wish for. We ate all our meals there, the menu was varied and all food cooked to perfection (I asked for a sample menu to be sent when I booked and they quite happily e-mailed it to me).
The staff at Tara Beach will happily organise any trips you want to go on. We went on the Round the Island Trip hosted by Christine and had a great time, as was the Melanesian Feast night. There were a lot of trips available, but having been to Vila before we only chose the two trips and were very happy with the organisation and the information provided.
We spent 9 days at Tara Beach and were treated to a thoroughly relaxing time - there were no phones or TV in the units (we did watch some DVD's - supplied) but took crossword books and magazines. There is a TV in the Restaurant if you felt the need to watch some TV.
Sala does a great rendition of Elvis songs and the inpromptu get togethers are just another attraction. Each of the staff have a story to tell and they are all proud of their village (Mele).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tara Beach is absolute beach front situated on 12 lush acres fronting picturesque Mele Bay, Efate, Vanuatu. With crystal clear, safe waters at your doorstep, we are the perfect spot for snorkeling, kayaking, swimming and getting away from it all for a while. We also have a chilled out open air bar / cafe known as the Beach Hut that is also open to day visitors and locals. Located about 15 mins from town & 10 mins to the airport, we provide free airport transfers for guests. All bungalows have tea and coffee making facilities and a fridge, with ocean views a few metres from your door included as standard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, HostelBookers, Tingo, HostelWorld and Venere so you can book your Tara Beach Bungalows Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tara Beach Bungalows Hotel Port Vila
- Tara Beach Hotel
- Tara Beach Port Vila
- Tara Beach Bungalows Resort Vanuatu/Port Vila