I am still blown away with the generosity and hospitality of Eric and this family at Tara Beach Resort. If you're looking for an authentic Ni-Vanuatu experience, then Tara Beach is definitely the way to go. Even before our holiday began, Eric was very accommodating and informative in regards to anything we needed to know about the Island, weather and attractions. When we arrived, we were welcomed with a big smile at the airport by Thomas. Further to this, upon arriving at the resort, we enjoyed free welcome cocktails with Lulu and a couple of local songs as well as an opportunity to feed the tropical fish off the jetty with Mama Lei. They even told us about a local fire dancing performance that was happening that night and offered to drop us off and pick us up.
The Bungalows sit a short stone’s throw from the coastline. There's nothing better than falling asleep waking up to the gentle sound of the ocean lapping at the shore. No alarms, no timeframes, no work.... just wake up when you wake up! Breakfast is ready, with an array of options including cereal, toast, French pastries, fresh fruit and eggs. They helped us plan our day, again offering a ride to and from our various destinations.
There are so many memories to reminisce about, especially due to sharing a trip around the Island of Efate with Eric and Vince. Playing Tarzan jumping into the water at the Blue Lagoon, 'Tepuru maro te vava', lunch at Eton Beach, a trip down the river with a local in traditional dress, hearing familiar songs from home at the mineral pools and Mud wrestling nah, haha (Mud bath) at the Thermal mud pools. All made extra special because we could share the memories with Eric and Vince who we now consider as brothers.
We loved sharing stories with the whole Tara Beach family and enjoyed learning about the language differences and their customary practices. Visiting the local village with Lulu; Matua Sala's singing; making (and eating) an umu with Mama Lesley; being 'saved' ;) by Juliette; and being 'more' than just a tourist, made our trip even more enjoyable. All of this was made possible due to Eric and his family and Tara Beach.
The bungalow had everything that we needed. It was tidy, inviting, warm, homely and safe! We cannot thank Tara Beach Resort for their warmth, friendliness and generosity. You over and above the call of duty! You made my first overseas trip such a positive and awesome experience! E kore mutu, whenua kē te rere o ngā mihi ki a koutou. Haramai ki Aotearoa, mā mātou koutou e manaaki :)
Michelle, Taaks, Mihiwai and Kararaina
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tara Beach is absolute beach front situated on 12 lush acres fronting picturesque Mele Bay, Efate, Vanuatu. With crystal clear, safe waters at your doorstep, we are the perfect spot for snorkeling, kayaking, swimming and getting away from it all for a while. We also have a chilled out open air bar / cafe known as the Beach Hut that is also open to day visitors and locals. Located about 15 mins from town & 10 mins to the airport, we provide free airport transfers for guests. All bungalows have tea and coffee making facilities and a fridge, with ocean views a few metres from your door included as standard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and HostelBookers so you can book your Tara Beach Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tara Beach Bungalows Hotel Port Vila
- Tara Beach Hotel
- Tara Beach Port Vila
- Tara Beach Bungalows Vanuatu/Port Vila