We spent 5 nights in villa 1. Temporary managers Brian and Anne were extremely helpful with information about getting around, getting supplies and the local attractions. The villas are very spacious with a nice feel and well equipped with everything you need. The BBQ pavillion is also great.
The waterside location is very picturesque and relaxing even when it rains (or should I say pours) every day !! Snorkelling and feeding the fish from the jetty were still however a daily routine.
The resort is out of town but you can readily get a bus into town to get food from the supermarket. You do rely on the managers to ring for the bus and know where to get things from. Also, there isnt much in town to see and the restaurants/cafes are fairly limited and not cheap.
Mele Cascades are not far away and definitely a must.
Overall the resort appeared to us a prime spot to be on the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury resort with self-contained apartment accommodation with ocean views, tropical gardens, guest bbq areas, swimming pool, and jetty to access spectacular snorkeling. Ideal for wedding and family groups. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Island Magic Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Island Magic Hotel Port Vila
- Island Magic Resort Vanuatu/Port Vila