We have just spent 2 weeks in Vanuatu and had the best chill out holiday that you could ever hope for. Initially we spent a couple of Days in Port Villa but then we ventured to Tamunu on the Beach which is located about a half hour’s cruisey drive around the island from Port Villa. It is a beautiful, tranquil and pristine beachfront paradise adjoining a Tropo Garden of eden.
During our stay at Tamanu we got married ( after 17 years courtship ! ) with a Tribal Warrior to herald the wedding and another Tribal Warrior and his tribe as escorts. The wedding took place right on the beach and the Warriors added a spectacular war dance! We are a mini Bradybunch from previous failed marriages and we have recently attended graduations and marriages of our own kids but the celebrations in Tamanu are the best way to go. At Tamanu we did a Tropical, Tribal, Japanese Samurai wedding and you just couldn’t do that sort of thing justice in Australia. With a bride dressed in a slinky Tropical Print and the groom dressed as a Japanese Samurai singing the vows, the Native Warriors had as much fun as we did !
Virginia, the lovely manager of the resort was so helpful and she made arrangements really easy. Her Executive Master Chef Mr Cameron Morrison, treated us with a daily feast and he also proved to be a great wedding photographer ! Virginia’s husband Greg ( the local Building Contractor & Project Manager ) was great to talk to and just about convinced us to semi retire to the Islands of Vanuatu. And the Native Vanuatu Staff at Tamanu were really friendly too. They were fantastic to talk to and without obligation they provided us with lovely flowers, woven necklays and treats for our wedding preparations.
We spent a great time relaxing, swimming, snorkeling, beach-walking, sun-soaking, cycling and of course lots of wining and dining !
There was a Cabaret / Dinner party there one night where we met a lot of the local Aussie Expats and we really enjoyed their company too, and of course the Entertainment ( performed by an International Artist who was also an Aussie Expat but previously a local from Vanuatu ) and the Dinner was incredible ! Apparently Virginia organizes many similar functions at Tamanu throughout the year for the guests and the locals and special occasions.
We had a fantastic chill out, soul satisfying time.
Best Regards - Adrienne & Dick ( Gold Coasters from Australia )
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tamanu on the Beach is a one of a kind destination offering the discerning traveller an authentic, private and romantic South Pacific experience.....where sometimes the best thing to do is nothing. Tamanu on the Beach is truly the right antidote for today's busy world and as such makes it the ideal place for couples, weddings, honeymoons and special events with friends. Our six French provincial style coral cottages, which have recently been refurbished in bright beach themes provide you with the creature comforts you expect and deserve. All have open air bathrooms and are situated only metres from Tamanu's sprawling, unspoiled, white sand beach. Our fine dining restaurant, which is considered to be the best in Vanuatu is renowned for its pavilion styled open-air restaurant and has earned a highly respected international reputation for delivering the most distinctive fine dining cuisine, featuring local organic meat, indigenous produce and the freshest of seafood. Staying at Tamanu on the Beach is one of life's simplest pleasures. There is a magic here. There are few pristine places left in the world that can truly be described as Special.... Tamanu is one of them ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Tamanu on the Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamanu On The Beach Hotel Port Vila
- Tamanu On The Beach Vanuatu/Port Vila