Stayed here earlier this year for just one night, as the following day I joined a cruise.
The hotel is just wonderful. From the very happy and helpful staff greeting us at the airport, to the wait staff the next morning at the restaurant.
Location is good, you are directly across the road from the water. The room I had didn't have the water views as it was at the back of the hotel, however it did look out to the swimming pool below.
Rooms were a comfortable size and were very clean. The bathroom, well, I would never have expected to see a massage shower (with radio) in a hotel in Tonga, but it was nice.
Had breakfast the following morning in the restaurant. It was a shame that my flight got in so late the night before, because the menu for dinner looked great.
Its only a few minutes drive into the town centre, or you could walk it (nice and scenic). My suggestion would be to hire a car (as we did) and drive around the island and explore it yourself. There are some really beautiful places to see and we pretty much saw most of the island in one day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Little Italy Hotel offers 22 deluxe rooms recently renovated, all have a unique decor with a different theme. It's a unique boutique hotel, blend of Italian style and Tongan cultures surrounded by the warmth of the South Pacific, providing everything you need under one roof. Ocean view rooms have a private balconies with sensational views overlooking the Pacific Ocean make these rooms extremely popular. The hotel features a well-known Italian restaurant offers authentic Italian cuisine, beef fillet steak, lobster, fish and poultry. They have a great range of rental cars at very competitive prices, Kayaking and Shuttle for Airport transfers & tours. The Royal Palace is just 1 km away, CBD and Talamahu Market is a 20-minute walk or less than 3 minutes drive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Little Italy Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Little Italy Hotel And Restaurant
- Little Italy Hotel & Restaurant Tonga/Tongatapu Island