Based on other reviews you'd think this place should be avoided. We enjoyed our stay! We received a great rate of about $100/night including breakfast for a garden view room for three nights (two days). We arrived at midnight and were met at the airport and driven the short distance to the hotel. Upon arrival they had our room waiting for us. We went up the stairs (no elevators) and found it. Two queen beds and a balcony that we'd see in the morning overlooked the garden/gym building.
Room had a bit of a funny smell to it that went away when we were in it and had the a/c running. Bathroom was large and clean-big shower. Amenities and towels were good. Water kettle with coffee/tea provided. There are washcloths in the bathrooms, a nice surprise for American guests.
Breakfast was downstairs in the dining room. Most of the other guests were Japanese, Koreans, Taiwanese, and a few Europeans. The food offerings were cereals, lots of fresh fruit, rice, noodles, scrambled eggs/toast, steamed or stir-fried veggies, cake, juice, coffee/tea, water. If you are expecting Brunch at the Ritz, you won't find it here. If you will dine like the rest of the guests you'll have no trouble getting a satisfying breakfast. It was somewhat different every day but always enough for us both.
The one day we could use the pool we had it to ourselves. We had a great time on the waterslides and using the sandy beach. This hotel is not on or near a beach, but the sandy end of the pool is a nice try. The spa wasn't open when we were there (low season, mid-week), nor was the swim-up bar or snack bar (weekends). They do sell admission tickets to locals to swim in the pool, but as I said we had the pool to ourselves.
There's a free shuttle that will take you downtown and pick you up again. We took it three times. Always worked just fine.
Property needs a little TLC (part of it I blame on the climate-much like Guam where the "funk" kind of grows on everything that doesn't move) but relax and enjoy yourself.
Only complaint is there's no free wifi (or any wifi) in the guest rooms. Must sit in the lobby to use the free wifi.
We'd return here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- *Antique Palaun Castle 2010 Whole New Renovation--The most traditional hotel with the newest facilities! The largest Story Board and the magnificent history exhibition highlight the cultural wonder of the paradise.*Largest Water Park--720 degree slide, speedy slide, spa pools and Olympic pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Airai Water Paradise Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Airai Water Paradise Hotel And Spa
- Airai Water Paradise Hotel Koror
- Airai Water Paradise Hotel & Spa Palau, South Pacific