“lovely place to eat and enjoy the tropics” 4 of 5 stars

$472 (USD)
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Koror
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Talofofo, Mariana Islands
“lovely place to eat and enjoy the tropics”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I have never stayed here, just eaten at the pool side bar and restuarant. There is a small beach with good snorkeling. However, its a great place to eat in the evening. I suggest using the a la carte rather than the buffet which is expensive. Food is very well presented and good quality, not big quantities though. View over the water, one of the best views for eating in Palau, also there is local dancing at 7pm which makes it more of an enjoyable evening. A more refined place to eat out and feel special.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

We stayed at PPR for 3 nights, it really is a lovely resort type hotel that has its own private beach. The rooms are nice, spacious, have comfortable beds, you can choose between a sea view and a garden view. The staff are probably the most friendliest hotel staff I have ever met, especially the food and beverage staff. there are 2 restaurants to choose from, and there is also a bar that serves food and a bbq restaurant that is open each night. The spa is also really nice, however i did find it a little overpriced. The hotel is in fact for me personally close to being perfect, what more could you ask for than sitting on a private beach, being served by the friendliest of people all day long. There is one thing though that does let the hotel down and that is that if you are an outsider or local you can pay $35USD to use the hotels facilities for the day. For me this ruins the hotel. naturally at the weekend lots of locals/outsiders came to the hotel to use the facilities, the pool (its quite small) was over run, all the sun loungers were taken up, the bar was busy with loud drunk local US Marines swearing and cursing and getting louder and louder the more they drank. There were families that brought their children, the children too were (whilst I'm sure having fun) screaming and making a lot of noise. Noone once went up to them to ask them to keep it down. the day users have absolutely no disregard for the hotel users. why must i pay $400 a night for a peaceful, quiet place that gets ruined by someone who pays $35 for the day. The drunk US Marines/Navy guys were the worst and noone asked them to keep it down or stop swearing. Also we were told that the navy were going to use the resort on the 4th of july - 400 navy/marines were going to be there. I would not have been impressed if I was still there when this happened, we were not told that they were coming when we checked in or before we made the booking. imagine having 400 drunk ''macho acting'' marines all over the place, not pleasant at all! Therefore I would recommend to anyone reading this to stay in a cheaper place and go to PPR pay the $35 and use the facilities there for a day, you could save yourself $300. I would also recommend that day users and children under 12 have a separate place where they can enjoy the resort, the resort is big enough for there to be a separate place so that the hotel guests can still have some peace.

Room Tip: day users can use the hotel for $35 a day, taking over the place and ruining the whole peaceful atmo...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

We stayed at thePPR from 5th to 10th June and we had a wonderful holiday. The lagoon was beautiful, the service excellent too. The only down point with this place is the great difficulty in getting a reservation as it becomes fully booked with large Korean, Japanese and Chinese tour groups. I recommend that you persevere though as it is a wonderful place, and..during the day and early evenings the resort is very quiet as all the tour groups are out touring. In the evenings it is also quiet as the tourists on the tour groups are exhausted, although they do make a big noise as they arrive very early in the morning from their flights. The Korean tours arrive very early.

Room Tip: Ocean view is very lovely.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
San Francisco, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

We just came back from one week at the PPR and it has been one of the best places we have stayed. I would not rate it five star but it comes close and here's why:
- Excellent service - everyone is very helpful! Whenever we asked for anything, we got it right away. All we had to do was ask.
- Location - about 10-15 minutes from town, and had shuttles to town for $7 a week. and it had a Great snorkeling beach !
- Food- cannot compare with other places since we did to go to others , but had great BBQ ribs, buffet breakfast, seafood penne and we loved the vanilla ice cream with caramel sauce, yummy!
-Beach- there is a great cove, with lots of reef fish like parrotfish, Moorish idols, and giant clams!!! I loved snorkeling there.
- the one thing that I was not happy about was how hard the bed was. I folded the duvet and slept on top of that, and that helped a lot.
- the Balinese inspired spa was also excellent, I had a Bali massage and that was just so relaxing and soothing. The massage rooms are small cottages overlooking the sea.
- there is a small beautiful pool, a few feet from the beach, wish it was a bit bigger because when 3 families with kids come, it quickly becomes very crowded.
-Activities- it has Splash, a dive shop onsite; kayaks,snorkel equipment for rent; fish feeding at the lagoon. It would be great if they could have movie night, a library of books, games for kids like a crab race? Or hula lessons?
- entertainment - they did have Polynesian dancers a couple of nights and they were a lot of fun to watch.
- the resort grounds are gorgeous and very well kept, they even grow their own orchids! They can compare to resorts In Hawaii!
- the room is a good size with a small fridge for drinks, it has coffee/tea pot, small tv, small patio with two chairs, a safe, nice hot rain shower, the Internet is free but not super fast though I was able to log on everyday with no problem. Tv reception is not great but you're on vacation so really no big deal...spend time relaxing not tv watching. The bathroom toiletries are in a basket, all from Neutrogena - shampoo, conditioner, soap, lotion.
So overall, we loved the PPR and felt we certainly made the right choice and it definitely added to a memorable vacation in beautiful Palau!!!

Room Tip: We thought the garden view was just as nice as the ocean view. The ground floor is better in our opi...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Walnut Creek, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

I stayed one night at the PPR after a live aboard. My husband took ill and was in the local hospital, which was surprisingly well equipt with good doctors. The hotel immediately told me that they were at my service to take me to and from the hospital at no charge. They made a bag of toiletries with a robe for my husband and helped me with whatever I needed. They picked us up at the hospital in a private car and took us to the airport at midnight. Each one at the front desk knew me and helped me. I felt like I had family there. On the last day I forgot a new shirt in my room. One of the staff brought it to the hospital on her way home. These are great people.

My room was beautiful and had a view of the sunsets. They had nightly entertainment and good food. Sunday they had Polenesian dancers. While I understand the complaints of some about the rigid check out schedule, it is understandable since all the flights leave and arrive late in the day. They would have to make acceptions for everyone if they did.

The hotel also has free wireless internet (Palau speed) in the lobby and the best snorkling on the island. I would not stay here if you want to go to town daily but why would you? Town only has other restaurants that are not that good.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

This is a lovely large hotel with great service. It caters to families with children so it's not the most tranquil place to relax, at least in the pool area. Breakfast is a buffet, lots of choices, and all you can eat. I prefer to have some bring me my food. Next time we are in Palau we will probably check out a different location.

Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

This is my second stay at PPR or Palau Pacific Resort. They have a special relationship with Neco Marine (whom we dove with and loved). Neco picks you up at the airport and takes you back to the hotel.. They coordinate your week, taking care of all your gear at the shop overnight, so you just have a small bag of incidentals like mask, computer, etc. to take back to your room.

Speaking of the rooms, they are very nice. The staff is exceedingly polite and accommodating. Both times I've had a garden room, which is fine, because I can see plenty of the ocean while on the boat all day. There is a dive and pro shop next to the dock where the dive shop boats pick us up in the mornings, Then the night we leave, Neco will be there at the lobby to take us to the airport.

This is not a 5 star hotel, but it is certainly a 4 star, and a very lovely one at that!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Palau Pacific Resort? Share your experiences!