Namukulu cottages exceeded our expectations. Beautiful detached "Lockwood' style bungalows, spacious and well equipped. Brian and Theresa seem to have thought of everything with some lovely extras you don't normally expect. Lack of aircon might be an issue in mid summer but in August the fans were perfectly adequate. Lovely grounds, a great little pool for a dip after a hard days exploring, and a wonderful lookout to sit and watch the sun go down and the whales go by.
Namukulu is towards the Northern end of the island, about 30 mins drive from Niue dive, 15 from Alofi, but most of the best snorkelling and walking spots are close by so it really isn't a problem unless you don't have a car.
Thought the four dogs might be an issue as my partner is a bit of a dogophobe but they are all very friendly and greet you with enthusiasm as you arrive (every time you arrive!) I think the dogs are the reason Namukulu isn't plagued with Cockerels competing for who can crow the loudest at 3 am. We heard this is a problem at some of the other residences, but not here.
I would wholeheartedly recommend this accommodation.
Thanks Brian and Theresa, keep up the good work
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Namukulu Cottages & Spa, has 1 two bedroom, 3 one bedroom, and 2 studio apartments all with ocean views from our clifftop setting. Located in a totally tranquil tropical setting. You can visit the islands best snorkel & swim spots, caves and chasms all in close proximity, then return to relax by the pool or pamper yourself at the day spa. No Children under 12 years of age accepted. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Namukulu Cottages & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Namukulu Cottages Hotel Niue
- Namukulu Cottages And Spa
- Namukulu Hotel Alofi
- Namukulu Cottages & Spa Niue/Alofi