A day trip that shouldn't be missed when you visit Noumea.
The Mary D company have developed a great package that accommodates almost all ages (would be difficult if mobility is an issue).
The trip starts at the marina with an 8.30am ferry trip to Amedee Island. A very enjoyable trip of about 45 minutes to travel out the 22km to the Island. As Amedee Island is still in the lagoon there is no issues with a rough journey.
On arrival there is plenty to do to fill the day:
• A glass bottom boat (highly recommended) We saw a good range of coral, sharks, fish and a couple of turtles
• A 45 minute excursion in the main ferry out to the edge of the lagoon - highlights of our trip included watching dolphins and the beautiful clear blue water.
• An excellent buffet lunch with a wide array of choices including wine
• A cultural dance show including a fire dance
• Climb to the top of the lighthouse (around 247 steps!) The lighthouse built in c1862 provides amazing views (highly recommended)
• Hire snorkels equipment for 1000 Pacific Francs (around A$12.50) - our teenagers loved it.
• A range of other cultural demonstrations coconut tree climbing, coconut grating etc
There is a small gift shop and shop and plenty of beach furniture and umbrellas.
Return Ferry ride leaves at 3.45pm arriving back in Noumea at around 4.30pm
If you own or manage Amedee Lighthouse Island, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.