We've just spent a week in a clean, tidy room on the top floor of LE PACIFIQUE in Anse Vata.
It was a perfect experience and I'm pleased to report that (contrary to reviews I'd read) there are hairdryers in the rooms! Reception staff are helpful and friendly, the pool is beautifully maintained (if a little cold at this time of year brrrr) and the location is excellent. A bus (Take the green "Ligne 1) into town (10 minute trip) stops right outside the hotel every 15 minutes on weekdays and less frequently on weekends. The beach is just across the road and a highly recommended water taxi ride to ILE AUX CANARDS (Duck Island) leaves throughout the day from 500m down the road...don't miss this amazing snorkelling experience...then go and see all the beautiful fish and more in the fabulous AQUARIUM which an easy km walk from the hotel. The children will love the "Quick" fast food place next door to the Aquarium - great playground & the Magic Box runs rings around the McD's equivalent!
Back to the hotel...there's a great cafe on the road behind the entrance and further up that road is an excellent French restaurant and a little grocery store ('Alimentation') which sells baguettes, French cheese & wine if you fancy a picnic. The rooms also have micro-waves in case you want to try some of the excellent (French) packaged meals that are available from the supermarkets in town. There is also a sink to wash dishes in and a little fridge for storing your bits and pieces. The hotel bar staff are very kind about providing you with ice and even slices of lime for your gins! We didn't try the hotel's buffet breakfast as it was more than we wanted food-wise and quite expensive...but then what isn't in Noumea!
We enjoyed an excellent breakfast at the cafe behind the entrance, and a good one at Le Fare which is beside the hotel. Also highly recommended is the Vietnamese restaurant, Along Beach, which is in the shopping centre beside Le Fare.
All in all, LE PACIFIQUE was a great place to stay - very convenient and user-friendly.
I'd stay there again anytime.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Pacifique is an economy priced hotel within the luxurious Nouvata Parc complex, offering an opportunity to enjoy a budget-friendly stay in Nouméa's international tourism center.The 120 standard rooms of Le Pacifique hotel were renovated in 2009. Each room has an exceptional view of either the lagoon or the vast swimming pool and tropical gardens.The rooms have a small kitchenette for preparation of light meals - perfect for a budget holiday in Noumea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Le Pacifique - Complexe Nouvata Parc reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Pacifique - Complexe Nouvata Parc Hotel Noumea
- Le Pacifique Noumea
- Le Pacifique Hotel Noumea