This is a budget hotel in an expensive complex at Anse Vata, which is a great place to stay in New Caledonia. The hotel is close to the beach, just a walk away from great cafes, restaurants and the lovely beach. Our room was on the 7th floor and stunk of cigarettes even though I requested a non-smoking room. They gave us another on the 9th floor which smelled fresher. If you get a chance ask for a high floor overlooking the lagoon, close to the lifts as these have the best views, are not looking over the lovely pool which is very noisy some nights, and being near the lift and not at the other end (where we were) means you won't have to suffer the loud air con machine noises all the time at this service end of the building.
The rooms are good for budget rooms. The bathrooms are modern and everything is really clean. The TV is OK but not in a great place for watching unless you want a crick in your neck, but you don't come on holiday to watch telly. The bed was comfortable and I think the room was well worth the money we spent.
Bad things were that sometimes there was the most awful stench coming out of the bathroom. We'd been warned about that from previous reviewers so we just put up with it and it did pass.
One night it was incredibly noisy until about 2pm and being out of season it makes you wonder how bad it must get sometimes. The boom boom from some nightclub music was loud on the 9th floor with the windows shut! Then there was the beeping cars, shouting and screaming, but other nights were quieter.
The fire alarm at 4.30am wasn't much fun either. The noise was VERY loud and incessant and no one bothered to answer the phone at reception. Other guests came out of their rooms in various states of undress but we being good citizens (and idiots) dressed and went down the emergency stairs to reception to check all was well and save them all. The bloke at reception just said 'No fire' to which I replied, ' why didn't you answer the phone?' but he just answered 'no fire' again. Grrrrrrrrrr But at least all was well and when we returned to our room everyone else had gone back to bed anyway!
Nevertheless, it was a good hotel, clean and comfortable in a great position and in a lovely complex. They also give you free internet access. Well worth the money and I'd stay again if I ever returned to NC.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Pacifique is an economy priced hotel within the luxurious Nouvata Parc complex, offering an opportunity to enjoy a budget-friendly stay in Nouméa's international tourism center.The 120 standard rooms of Le Pacifique hotel were renovated in 2009. Each room has an exceptional view of either the lagoon or the vast swimming pool and tropical gardens.The rooms have a small kitchenette for preparation of light meals - perfect for a budget holiday in Noumea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Le Pacifique - Complexe Nouvata Parc reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Pacifique - Complexe Nouvata Parc Hotel Noumea
- Le Pacifique Noumea
- Le Pacifique Hotel Noumea