I stayed at "Krasje" (the popular Surinamese name) for about a month for business. The hotel is comfortable, the rooms nicely remodeled, service not consistent in quality. I found the dinner menu below average and was very disappointed in the quality, the times I decided to eat there. Very little choice in dishes and when I stayed "in" for dinner, I was usually the only one sitting in the cold modern restaurant adjacent to the open lobby, lit by neon lights. Most nights I went out and I had to always take a taxi. It is not safe for a woman to walk through that part of town by herself in the dark. The locals I worked with advised against it. Not many restaurants on walking distance anyway. If you only stay for a couple of nights and are with a couple, it is different experience probably. It's certainly not the best and hotel in town, but probably good value for your money. Also, If you like shopping in the daytime, then this hotel is in a good location, in downtown and close to the Waterkant en Central Market.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed for comfort and convenience and centrally located right in the middle of Paramaribo's bustling downtown area, Hotel Krasnapolsky is the perfect choice for tourist and business travelers alike. When staying at Hotel Krasnapolsky you are near commercial, financial and site seeing areas. The recently renovated hotel creates a light and spacious atmosphere, with its sleek, minimalistic and modern interior which responds to the wishes of the modern traveler. All 84 rooms contain tasteful and comfortable furnishings, modern bathroom with rain shower and a private balcony which gives you wonderful views of the bustling city scene, the beautiful pool terrace or far- reaching views extending over the city rooftops all the way to the bridge across the Suriname River. Furthermore the hotel offers numerous dining facilities, conference rooms and services, swimming pool, gym, a lively shopping arcade and a convenient booking office capable of arranging travel plans, tours and activities of any nature. Hotel Krasnapolsky has received the international Travel life Gold Certificate, the highest award for environmental friendly and sustainable tourism. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Krasnapolsky reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Krasnapolsky Hotel Paramaribo
- Hotel Krasnapolsky Suriname/Paramaribo