The hotel lobby was welcoming and sparkly clean, the rooms can only be accessed via the lift with a valid room card which is very reassuring. On the down side I had work man in my room when I returned to look at something at the shower and they did not question me when I entered the room removing valuable - I could have been anyone?????
The staff are very friendly and "no" is not part of their vocabulary even though it is not always a "yes"
We organised a tour and the desk staff was more than helpful in helping us at such short notice.
On the downside I forgot something at the hotel and I am still waiting for an answer as my email was forwarded to the hotel. I probably joined the vast "lost property" that is never found.... shame only that they never replied.
The town is very near with all the attractions which is fantastic and all within walking distance. This was a fantastic experience and I wish we had more time.
The dolphin tour sadly was without any dolphins - the murky river water being the only attraction with the local rum (booze cruise?) and the local village where a light snack was provided for us. We did see pelicans though but turned around at the village to look some more at the murky water. For a 96% chance to see any Dolphins I am not too sure if we where in the right area.
The rooms are basic but clean enough. Unfortunately the smell of damp seeps into everything and putting clothes in the wardrobe was out of the question.
The air conditioning was very noisy - take earplugs. The food is ok but expensive I think. Not sure what is around the town though as the Chinese restaurant we went to was a disappointment.
The pool area is pleasant and the pool refreshing.
Would still recommend this hotel as a starting point though.
And do not forget to bring either dollars or euros as sterling is of no use and difficult to change.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Torarica is the most luxurious and prestigious hotel in Suriname. Our hotel has all the features desired by high-end business travellers, it is also very suitable for holidaymakers with a longing for abundant luxury. The chic hotel with its unique glass elevators and high ceilings bathing in a beautiful starry sky of light will provide you personal service, originality, modern 'state of the art' meeting rooms, high speed Internet and a beautifully designed saltwater swimming pool. Retreating at Royal Torarica will make you feel like royalty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your Royal Torarica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Torarica Hotel Paramaribo
- Royal Torarica Suriname/Paramaribo