“Best hotel in Asucion, Paraguay with some Problemsªª” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 54 Hotels in Asuncion
Certificate of Excellence 2014
USA
1,219 helpful votes 1,219 helpful votes
“Best hotel in Asucion, Paraguay with some Problemsªª”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

The hotel is execellent on staff, rooms, and spa:
Here are the negatives:
1. They need a much better chef so they can serve international foods since they are a international hotel.
2. They need to clean there pool more often although there pool location is great and nice.
3. They are only learning about IHG Benefits for the different levels so be patient.
4. There tour contacts guides are execellent, but charge too much money for there tours.
5. Some of there spa employees are execellent for spa work, as others are below average.
Note: The resturant for international foods is called with great prices:
Los Alpes in San Bernardino, Paraguay
Ruta General Moringo = Km 46.6
Tele:{00595=512] 232 083\232 399

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay! Every staff member that I encountered, was very friendly and knowledgeable and very willing to help.
There are several sitting areas in the lobby including an outside shaded area. The pool area was very relaxing. You get a nice veiw of the river from the pool area. The spa was clean and pleasant. I enjoyed a massage and next time I would do 2 hours! I felt safe here and walked about 9 blocks away to check out a market. Because I visited on a Sunday, the market closed early, about 1:30. There are several parks to enjoy. You don't have to go far to enjoy a delicious steak, the restaurant next door, Costado was outstanding! I was pleased with the hotel and will stay again. The staff was so friendly and helpful!
Great job!

• Stayed June 2013
Horsell, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

You'd expect the Crown Plaza to be a safe choice of hotel, but I have just returned from a frustrating stay there. I have stayed in many hotels in Asuncion, low budget to high budget - generally the thing I love about Paraguay is helpful and friendly people - but this is not the case at this hotel.

On check in I found the pool was closed with hazard tape around it. I know it's not essential but I enjoy to swim on my travels and was not informed when I booked. Every day I asked when it would be re-oped and they gave me a different excuse, assured me that they would tell me and never contacted me again. The roof terrace was also disappointing; nice chairs but no where to get a drink or water when you were sat in the sun.

The gym was clean but limited - only old bikes and some modern running machines and weights. It also only opened at 7am which was useless if you had an early start.

They gave you a coffee machine in the room but no tea or coffee sachets. As a traveller from the UK I suffer from jetag and so coffee is much needed in the morning- especially when you ring for room service and they never answer. I asked every day for coffee and never received it. Day two they brought me a glass of dry ground coffee, assured me it was instant and would work in the machine without a filter- I tried and ended up with a clogged up machine and grainy coffee which was undrinkable. I asked again for help and this time they brought me a filter which clearly didn't fit the machines and leaked everywhere. I gave up on the coffee after that.

My shower also was faulty - most days it would only gush out scalding hot water which made it impossible to use. Even with the cold tap on full it was boiling hot. Again I complained and again nothing was done.

The breakfast was ok - nice fruit but very poor quality hot food.

Overall the hotel was clean and the rooms were nice, but when you're working long days and constantly have to try and ask for help from the reception staff who blatently promise to help but never do - it just makes an exhausting trip that more worse.

I definitely wouldn't stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Asuncion Hotel, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Dear Helen C,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and regret our staff service, hotel facilities and room amenities did not live up to your expectations. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly.

Though we would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Zelyn N
Miramar, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Stayed in Room #513 on election day in Asuncion.

The Lobby is very well appointed and so are the rooms. The bathroom tiles were very dirty with grime in the grouting and so were the vents in the shower simply covered with dust. If these issues are dealt with the room would be ok. Also it was apparent that the carpet was not regularly vacuumed, you could feel the dust under your feet!!!

Breakfast service was extremely poor with flies on the fruits, tables not being properly set etc.

The gym, the pool area and the spa were all excellent ; this was quite an oasis.

The front desk staff were all excellent, the only problem was that check out was very laborious and took way too long.

Overall an ok hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Asuncion Hotel, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear fee57,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. I apologize for the shortfalls during your recent stay with us. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Krysllin G.
Coral Springs, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

As a tour manager for a multi-platinum selling artist I was placed on the executive floor (7th.). I have no idea what the standard rooms are like. My room was large and luxurious containing a king bed, plasma TV, desk/work area and a small sitting area. The bathroom was also large and well equipped. There is a shower area, whirlpool tub and the amenities were plentiful. Shower caps, shampoo, conditioner, body lotion and mouthwash were all available in quantity for two guests.

Now the cons: The pillows were HARD. My neck hurt after sleeping on them. The internet is okay but slow. Don't try using your MagicJack or Skype. The breakfast is probably the weakest link in the hotel. It's not a continental breakfast but it's a FAR way from the breakfast at the Mandarin Oriental Singapore which is my benchmark.

Overall a very good hotel with the potential to be better.

Room Tip: See if you can get a room on the 7th floor. They are excellent.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

This hotel has many qualities and it should stay at the top of the Asuncion hotels if the staff become more smart.
The hotel is big, luxuous, new and beautiful. The rooms are very big and comfortable! All the material things of the hotel are in according to the 4 stars category hotels.
My 3 nights stay was fine, but at the check out, I had a very bad surprise!
I did a early payment of the booking at agoda.com but at the check out, the woman of the front desk show me a bill conteining the 3 diaries that I already had paid for. I said to her that my diaries were paid, and she insisted that they weren't. I show the voucher to her, and she tried to call agoda to confirm if it was paid. After 15 minutes she said that she cannot contact agoda.com and ask if I can write my email and address in a paper to bill me if it was not paid. She said that the hotel never received a voucher of a hotel booking website before. I suppose that she was kidding!! Its not possible. A modern IHG hotel employee say to a guest that never received a voucher of expedia, agoda, decolar etc.. hahahahaha

It was really bad, my final impression was the worst possible.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Asuncion Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear eduardo602,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Asuncion Hotel. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Karen G.
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel twice recently. Once in a great room with perfect internet, the second time in a more shabby room where the internet would not connect (for either of us and on all of our devices). The internet is one reason we selected the Crowne Plaza. This hotel is in a fairly good location, the breakfast is pleasant (and you can ask for eggs, but no one tells you that). The two best things here are the spa and the personnel in the bar. The massages in the spa were amazing and at a great price. The last night we ate in the bar (everything around was closed) and the server, the drinks, and the food were all fantastic. A great ending to a fun trip in Paraguay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Crowne Plaza Asuncion Hotel? Share your experiences!