Visited Guyana for a tour of the Demerara Distillery and stayed at the Lodge for 3 nights. The check-in was very easy. Apparently I had the best room at the Lodge, number 5. High ceilings, wood floors, big shower, great AC, fridge, cable TV, etc. You have to order breakfast and dinner beforehand, which is a great idea as the food is always ready when you walk over to the restaurant. The curries are great as were the fish cakes. The unlimited coffee for breakfast was much appreciated.
This is not the Ritz but ALL the staff make up for any deficiencies.
Just remember you need $4000 Guyanese departure tax when leaving the airport, approximately $US20.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An intimate heritage hotel in Guyana, Herdmanston prides itself in excellent guest service. One of only a few Guyana hotels that has maintained Guyana's distinctive colonial architecture. Herdmanston hotel is perched within extensive lawns and garden which is home to some of the gentle flora and fauna of central Georgetown. While our lawns and gardens are spacious, our small hotel size allows us to offer to our guests personalized service catering for your every need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Herdmanston Lodge -- Guyana Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Herdmanston Hotel Georgetown
- Herdmanston Lodge -- Guyana Hotels Georgetown