“Wonderful hospitality” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Georgetown
St. Catharines, Ontario
“Wonderful hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

I totally forgot to write about this place when I visited here years ago. Absolutely wonderful. No complaints, except for one tiny detail about the very heavy chairs near the pool. Man oh man, these poolside chairs were made of heavy ironwood and must of each weighed 200 pounds.

Great staff, pleasant place. Good to store valuables. Open door policy and cabs and police there for access and safety. Clean and quiet and worth staying at overlooking the Atlantic Ocean and the local attractions.

Room Tip: Make sure your air conditioner is not going to coat the floor with condensation where you can slip.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Hell, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

I've lived at this hotel for a few months and given what the city's hotel choices have to offer... It's OK. The rooms are old, the water turns brown at the tub but you learn to look at the good things when you are at the end of the world, the forgotten stop....

The gym there is the best in the country, the food is OK, the room service alright, the security above average.

You are in Guyana, believe me, take it with a grain of salt. Maybe a couple grains...

Room Tip: Dont take rooms facing the pool (wkd live music).
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Claymont, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

This was my first visit to the Pegasus Hotel an your beautiful Country of Guyana. While I was dining in your lovely pool side dining area, I order from your menu. I paid cash (US Dollars) for my meal an asked for US change an the hostess said she could only give me Guyanese change.
I said fine, an took it, even though I did not understand the currency amount she gave me. So, I asked another waitress or Hostess how much it was she said $4.00 in American money, at that point I let her know that I gave the first Hostess or waitress $40.00 dollars in (US Dollars. She told me she would get the correct amount from the first person that served me, she came back an said it was correct, an the original lady apologized. So, I gave her a $4.00 tip for her good gesture. But, something still was not feeling right with or maybe it could have been that I wanted to understand the currency. So, I went to the front desk an spoke with Camille Bhola her General Manager's name is Susan Isaacs she informed me, that my change was still not correct an that she would take of it for me. I really did appreciate that because it was becoming very frustrating, I beginning to think I could not trust anyone at the Hotel. Camille Bhola should be awarded some kind of way for customer care and I will be glad to return to your hotel with my friends from the United States. Sincerely, Virginia E Henry (USA)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Chalford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

This hotel is very tired and in need of an update, I have an empty fridge! No tea making facilities!
The curtain is about 3 feet to long for the window and lies bunched up on the floor. The inside of the breakfast room floods in heavy rain as water comes in through the exhaust above the grill.
and the final straw was yesterday when all of the facilities where closed so that they could hold a function. Sod the paying guests no bar, no access to the swimming pool and all the hotel residents confined to a small restaurant for their evening meal. what a joke

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

Really, the picture perfect hotel on the website does not match reality. On entry, seemingly nice but the service is poor. I complained of not getting hot water - no response, cold breakfast, lunch and dinner - no response, the people of Guyana are friendly but the people of the hotel are not. The room had no bath-tub which was a shocker and I was not impressed. My view was one of a roof with tiles (though I rather not have a sea wall view and be killed by the sound of the generator. There are no on property bookstores (just a small convenience store with nothing in it), a Latino Bar (nice) but empty and a huge pool and I was just not impressed. I will NEVER stay there again but on the positive side, the rooms are clean, relatively spacious but no frills. It is ok for a three day stay. Food is too expensive, cold and generally I am unimpressed. Will stay somewhere else next time....there's got to be a better place, maybe The Princess or Marriott.

Room Tip: I have no tips, don't get a sea wall room and ask for technical assistance for the freezing show...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

The hotel is acceptable for a short stay as there aren't many choices in Georgetown. Our room was located on the Kingstown Wing. The room was spacious with tiled floor, bed was comfortable except the room appeared dated and in need of renovation. Bathroom was spacious with basic amenities; however, running water in the bathtub and toilet was yellowish. Plenty of bottles of water in room. Wi-Fi signal irregular.

Buffet breakfast was basic. Dining around the pool was good, dinner portion was large. Dinning service was a hit and miss. Sometimes the service was efficient and sometimes not so attentive.

From 8pm onwards on the weekends, they have a live band playing 80's music by the pool which doesn't stop till almost 1am. The loud music made it impossible to rest up early. If you plan to stay at this hotel on a weekend, make sure you don't get a room near the pool area.

The hotel appeared to be safe and secured. A security guard was on duty at all time by the elevator.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the pool area on the weekend.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

I'm from the UK and I've been staying here on and off for the past 10 years and I wouldn't change hotels in Georgrtown. If anything, it's gone down in my estimations simply because it's tried to conform to the 'international standard'. I'm in Guyana, why should I want a US/European hotel? Embrace the differences, all the essentials in a hotel are here. The rooms are clean, the bed is comfortable, the service and food is good and the atmosphere is truly form Guyana. The only reason why I haven't given it five stars is because the bar and reception have lost their character. Stay here if you have any soul whatsoever and want to embrace the Caribbean culture, if not stay in the new 'international' hotel that will be opening next door. Having just come from Texas this hotel is a real breath of fresh air.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Been to Pegasus Hotel Guyana? Share your experiences!