“Greatly overpriced! ” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Castellana 104

Castellana 104
Avenida 19 No 104-49, Bogota, Colombia (Santa Bárbara)
+57 (1) 2141475
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Neighborhood: Santa Bárbara
“Greatly overpriced! ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

There is a bakery in front and a restaurant at the back. The bakery looks great, but bring with you lots of cash. Restaurant service is very slow and the staff are not polite.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Good Paella , plus ; grrrrreat Pastries.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

They had good choices on their menu. Their Pastries were excellent and visited them more than once ; it is right around the corner from the 104 Art Suites.

Visited September 2013
Cartagena, Colombia
“Why bother??”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I have been to Castellana 104 3 times in the past 9 months for breakfast and that's it for me - never again. However, keep in mind that this is actually 2 distinct concepts under 1 roof, a rather decent bakery/pastry shop up front, and the dismal restaurant in the back. The bakery/pastry shop isn't bad. Although the pastries are pricey I haven't been disappointed, and the baguettes are easily among the best I've had. I'll be back for those. Counter service is OK, too. What I can't figure out is why the restaurant is so popular, unless there is a sado-masochism theme that many customers seem to appreciate. I have been twice when it was busy and crowded, so I gave them the benefit of the doubt despite, on one occasion, being practically pushed off my table as I finished my meal to make room for a waiting party. My last visit was definitely off peak - no line and our choice of tables in the half-empty restaurant. Nonetheless, the service was again so cruelly bad and slow that I asked the manager as I was leaving if the servers receive any training and was politely told "No", with a chuckle, to which I replied "It certainly shows", to more chuckles. And by slow I mean beyond even the unfortunately customary but usually tolerable Bogota standard of slow service. Most of the menu is nothing special, although there are a few interesting choices. But absolutely nothing that is worth any wait in line followed by an additional excruciating wait for your food. Life is too short, and so is the walk to 2 or 3 better places nearby.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Great bakery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Baked goods of any quality are hard to find in Bogotá but this place is a little gem serving quality reliably. It is also an excellent place for breakfast hence the regular queues and the coffee makes Juan Valdez hang their head in shame.

Visited February 2013
Bogota
“Great breakfasts and desserts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I've been here plenty of times and it's really good. The breakfasts with a touch of spanish taste and the desserts are very good. I like to go once in a while for a Berlina which is a bread filled with nuts and sweet topping. it's really good. I definitely recommend it.

Visited January 2013