“An expensive disappointment” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“An expensive disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Service was mediocre and the food was not up to scratch. We waited ages before the waitress took any notice of us. The empanadas were superb but my Ajiaco, a traditional Bogotá dish I have had many times, was not tasty at tall. I was sure something was missing in my Ajiaco. I asked a waiter what happened because it just did not taste like the usual Ajiaco. He said he would bring me some Guasca, the herb used to give it its distinctive flavour. He never brought the herb. Of course they never put it in at all in the first place. This is a very traditional Colombian restaurant which seem to have lost direction. Sad really because it was an institution for many years. Our bill was almost 150,000 Colombian pesos (around 90 US dollars) for three so I left feeling rather angry as one could get much better stuff in Bogota for this amount of money. We did not add service charge to the bill. They should get their act together.

Miami, Florida
“Great ajiaco Bogotano”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Went to this restaurant with some friends. Service and food were excellent, a little pricy but it's worth it. There ajaico is the best I ever had. Good wine, good service, good food, what else can you expect? Great time with friends.
SantiagoZamudio

Visited September 2012
Trondheim, Norway
“A must in Colombia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

This is a Colombian chain of restaurants in many place over the country. They offer EXCELLENT and pretty AUTHENTIC Colombian food. They use prime quality ingredients. The staff is dressed in traditional Colombian clothes. NB! For Colombia, the prices are VERY HIGH.

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mexico City, Mexico
“Ok food, but great atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I've tried three of the locations, and found them to be good and consistent. It's also a great place to bring a first-time visitor to Bogota since it is usually set in an old house, and have several typical dishes from Colombia. However, with the food, there are some hits and misses. My favorite dish would have to be the fried fish (mojarra), just wished they gave me more green vegetables instead of corn as a side salad.

Visited May 2012
Buffalo, New York
“A wonderful birthday lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

Mi esposa maravillosa took me here for my birthday. I had ajiaco which was the best I have ever had plus they gave me another bowl free. The atmosphere is a delightful old house in downtown Bogota. There was a live pianist who player happy birthday for me. Overall a wonderful experience.

• Visited June 2012