“Location Location, Nice rooms and hotel Good stay close to the fine areas of Bogota” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Inn By Radisson Bogota

Save Saved
You added Park Inn By Radisson Bogota to your Saves list
Park Inn By Radisson Bogota
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Carrera 18 No. 93 - 97, Bogota, Colombia (Formerly Hotel Grand House)   |
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 15%
Ranked #98 of 229 hotels in Bogota
Riverside, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

You have several options to stay and I would say 3 main areas
Around airport Av El Dorado: Quite a list of good hotels mostly international chains, some pricey, but you will be far away from all the restaurants, nighlife, shopping. Good for a short stay and if u have an early flight.
Around Centro Financiero, Financial district. Good choices of nice hotels. Traffic is terrible and now with transmilenio construction even worse. God choices of restaurants close by and in the calendaria district, or cerro monserrate,both areas close to these hotels.
Zona Norte: north area, wide range of medium hotels and small boutique hotels. Some really pricey, but I=due to the area.
I have been to Bogota many times. Have experienced dirty hotels, expensive hotels, loud hotels, bad service hotels, and the Grand House is a quite nice boutique hotel in north Bogota. It has large suite-style rooms with separate living & bedrooms, and 2 bathrooms. Junior room is quite nice as well. Modern comfortable rooms with flat screen tvs Jacuzzi style tubs. Comfortable and luxurious suites.
I like the hotel itself, seems to be a apartment or condominium conversion, but they have done quite a nice job. Most areas of the hotel are nice, with a modern sophisticated look, and quite comfortable.
Breakfast does not have a wide variety, but it is good and tasty. I do not think you would be disappointed. Staff is friendly some with limited English, but they need some customer service. Do not expect service of a 5 star, hotel but it has decent service. Difficult to find this hotel on the online booking servi ces may try otel dot com and you will get a really good price. I found it through our business representatives in Bogota
The best feature of this hotel is that it is close to the most popular nightlife spots of Bogota.
5 blocks from parque de la 95 (walking distance) Here you will find several restaurants bars and nightclubs.
Very short taxi ride could walk, but maybe arouns15-20 blocks, from the Zona Rosa and Zona T (both are next to each other), where you will find lots of restaurants, bars, discothèque, and even 2 malls. Zona G and Zona T my favorite for the ambiance and the wide variety you have to choose from your dining and entertainment enjoyment Zona G is also close by but a little further away

Room Tip: Do not get a room on the 6th floor, if you do not like stairs You wil need to access the fith floor...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

67 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I stayed at hotel grand house and it was a great experience!
On the outside the building looks like an apartment building but once you are inside your perception changes completely especially on the restaurant and in the extra large rooms!
The stag was ready to help me with the slightest detail
Service and food where outstanding!

Greatly recommended

• Stayed December 2012
Basel, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This hotel offers large suite-style rooms with separate living & bedrooms, and 2 bathrooms. Despite this, it's just not quite right. Staff had to turn on the power at the main breaker when I checked in at 10pm after a long flight. Staff also knocked several times on the door at night despite the "do not disturb" sign hanging on the door (when I answered the door & pointed it out, the person just said oh, sorry. Not as sorry as I was to be woken up.)

The thing that bothered me the most, however, is the lack of thermostat or any sort of temperature control in the room. I found my room quite hot & airless, but there is absolutely no air control. My only choice was to open a window. My room was on the second floor and above a balcony, and seemed quite easy to break into to me -- being that this is downtown Bogotà, I really wasn't crazy about leaving the window open (in the end it was fine open -- I figured it was a choice of not sleeping because I was worried about safety, or not sleeping because it was stifling.)

Breakfast buffet was nice, but at lunch, I recommend ordering from the menu instead of the buffet.

One more thing, you will do well to speak at least a bit of Spanish, as most staff spoke very limited English.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Ginna V, Jefe de Reservas at Park Inn By Radisson Bogota, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Guest:
Kindest regards from all the team at Hotel Suites Grand House.
First of all we thank every one of your comments about our service and hotel infrastructure, this allows us to continuously improve our processes and help us to provide you a better service.

Based on the information provided by you, we have reinforced the service training with all our employees to guarantee maximum guest satisfaction.
In addition. We are glad to inform you that in February 2013 ,the hotel will go under a total renovation process which will include all guest rooms and public areas.

Dear Guest, please accept our sincere apologies and for your next visit to Bogota, we are pleased to extend you a complimentary upgrade to a Business Suite, courtesy airport transportation to the hotel and VIP amenities in your room.
We hope to have the opportunity to host you during your next visit.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012 via mobile

The hotel itself is great. On one of the nights in which we were staying I was woken by my mother calling me from her room, she informed me that she had at least 5 strangers in her room. Inraged we notified security and the front desk immediately. With the little Spanish we spoke we finally worked out that, the intoxicated people were actually guests of the hotel. They had asked the front desk for the wrong key, with no hesitation or double checking they gave the guests the key to my mothers room. As infuriated as we were we understand mistakes happen and approached the front desk to a) seek hotel management and b) find out what happened this was at 8am. We were informed that no manager was there as he had a meeting and was due in at 10 we wrote a note and left it informing them that we would be back at 12. At 12 we were told he was half an hour away seeing as we had an appointment with an orphanage we told them we must see him once we return at 5. When we arrived at 5 we were again told he was not avaliable no reason was given we spoke to a low level staff manager who gave us little help and instead offered us a cheap trincklet from the hospital cabinet and a dismal apology letter from the manager. We left the next day still with no attention given to a) our room issue and b) any attention from the manager. I emailed the manager one last time within a week of leaving seeking a response or a apology none was given. I will not advise this hotel to anyone due to the poor service and horrible communication between service personal and management.

• Stayed December 2011
Medellín, Colombia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

This place really surprised me! It was great and the rooms are very spacious, well kept and some rooms even have a big balcony.
PROS: Location is wonderful, staff service, breakfast and food overall is at international standards level, Rooms are spacious, the Suites are marvelous and are almost the size of an apartment

CONS: couldn't find any, but maybe that it's sometimes difficult to book it, because of high demand.

I came across this place, because our office is just around the corner. Glad we did!

Room Tip: If you like Balconies, ask for a room with one.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Zolder
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed 4 times in this hotel. I love the place, love the staff. Very clean and convenient for business travellers. Very recommended

• Stayed October 2011
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

Good location with a very friendly staff. It located very close to (10 minutes in a taxi) from the T Zone area, which is full of restaurants and nightclubs. If you don't feel like taking a taxi you can walk to Parque 93, which has about 20 or more restaurants to choose from. It is located only 10 minutes walking distance from the hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Been to Park Inn By Radisson Bogota? Share your experiences!