I'll start by saying that I would definitely stay at this hotel again. There were a few things that I will point out, in hopes that it will be helpful if those things are important to you. I will finish with the good things.
There are 3 room types: (superior suite, which is a studio; grand suite; business suite). I stayed in 2 of those types as they put me in the "superior suite" on the first night before I realized the next morning and changed rooms (I had booked the mid-range, grand suite). But, either there are differences within the room types, or the room descriptions are inaccurate. I found at least two major booking sites with the same inaccurate description. The description for my room type listed that it had a deep soaking tub and two bathrooms. Both rooms actually only had one bathroom and it had only a large shower stall with a bench to sit down. No tub. Without exaggeration, it took 5 or 6 minutes for the water to be warm enough to step in. After that, you could adjust it to very hot if desired.
There was no way to change the temperature of the room. No controls, nor any vents that I could see. The lighting in the bathroom was limited to 2 halogen spot lights over the sink, making it very dim at night, but fine during the day due to the portico window in the shower.
Things that were just ok: breakfast, fine if you just want an omelette, cereals or breads. The juices were better than average, though. A few other buffet items that changed daily, but only a very small amount out.
* very friendly staff. The security guards, the desk staff, kitchen staff. Probably the cleaning staff, too, but I didn't interact with them.
* The view was very good, at least for the last 3 nights in the room on the 8th floor.
* The suites are huge and nicely decorated. Plenty of closet space.
* The rooms have a boom box, that plays both CDs and cassette tape. Bring your mix tapes!
* There is a basket with things like toothpaste, full sized toothbrush, deodorant, etc, but they are not free as another reviewer stated. The price list is next to them.
* The hotel is located on a quiet street that is a safe and an easy walk to restaurants or stores nearby.
Note: if you use the hotel's car service to the airport, the cost is USD$50. If you have them call a radio taxi for you it is only COL25,000 (USD $12.50, currently)
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Lugano Imperial Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lugano Imperial Hotel Bogota