“A truly exceptional business hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Lugano Imperial Suites
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle 70 A # 7-62, Bogota, Colombia (Chapinero)   |
Ranked #43 of 215 hotels in Bogota
Lima, Peru
“A truly exceptional business hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

For the past three years, I have commuted to Bogota for work and have stayed at a number of suite hotels. Lugano has become my "home away from home." During this period, I have stayed at Lugano for well over 6 months, and I can state unequivocally that it is the perfect hotel for the business traveler in Bogota. The area is very safe and quiet, yet close to the financial center and the Zona G (gourmet) and near all the best shopping malls in the city. The suites are very large and modern, each with two plasma TVs, some with two baths, and a full kitchen. The included breakfast and light evening meals are superb, and the food in the restaurant is among the best I've eaten in Bogota.
But what truly distinguishes Lugano from other suite hotels in Bogota, and elsewhere, is the exceptional service, the best I've witnessed in any hotel in any country. Everyone, from the reception staff (Felipe and Diego) to the cleaning staff (especially Nancy) and the restaurant staff go out of their way to make every guest feel at home. As an example, when I needed the conference room for a week and the one downstairs was booked, they outfitted a suite to serve as a work room, without charge.
The Lugano is a truly exceptional boutique hotel that caters to the business traveler in Bogota and makes us feel at home.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

24 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We had no idea what to expect never having been to Bogota but this place was lovely. We had a HUGE very modern room on the 2nd floor with an enormous outdoor area adjoining it. It had a full kitchen, great bed and nice bathroom. All the people working here were terrific and always offering to help with anything. Only tiny complaints would be the room needing airing out when we arrived, and there were only 2 channels in English on the TV. Otherwise a superb choice in a really good neighborhood!

Room Tip: I would try to be up a bit higher if I came back here - we were just above the ground floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Centrally located with large clean rooms and friendly service.
I would highly recommend this hotel for business or pleasure.
Lots of restaurants near by and knowledgable hotel staff to help you.
Very well priced for it's location and amenities.

Room Tip: I liked the front facing rooms and did not find them noisy at all.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

My company recommended this hotel because it is in the business district where our Colombian HQ is located. I was expected a boring neighborhood and a stale hotel. I got neither and was very happy. I would definitely return here.

The Lugano felt small and like a boutique hotel. The lobby and dining area are small but nicely decorated. The rooms are large with kitchens. The staff were all very helpful and professional. The location was good. I was worried about crime in Bogota because of all the warnings, but this area felt safe. There are lots of restaurants around and it is walking distance to three urban shopping malls and a bar district that seemed like a lot of fun. I went to a movie one weekend night and felt completely safe walking the 10 blocks or so - after dark.

My one, not very strong, complaint is that the internet was a bit weak at times. But I had the same problem at the Sheraton earlier in the week.

I can't wait to return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Miami, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

The perfect hotel for me. Not so large that you get lost, and a room that made me feel at home. The staff is wonderful, always quick to open the door, answer questions, and I don't know how they do it, but they always greeted me by name. There is a small restaurant off the lobby with a good enough selection of foods for me (I am vegetarian so that is usually a challenge). I got my room with the breakfast included. Cereals, fresh fruits and fresh juices, and some hot items (mostly non-vegetarian). Excellent coffee (this is Colombia after all!). The room is clean, modern, and comfortable. Internet connection was fast and stable. With the cool Bogota temperatures, I didn't even realize at first that there is no air conditioner, but it was definitely not needed. I was doing business in the "Centro de Formación Empresarial Fundación Mario Santo Domingo" which was directly across the street. If I ever need a hotel in this area again, I will come back to the Lugano.

Room Tip: I requested a high floor, away from the street
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Helsinki
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

This hotel is very nicely located for big banks and corporations. Serviec is good, hotel is very nice and very clean. Free internet and all.

I wouldn't really complain about anything except if you are a very light sleeper. In those cases, the single pane windows may let in a bit too much sound if you are unluckily placed.

Rooms themselves for example are humongous.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

Spent 5 nights in the Lugano Suites, and liked it very much. I've stayed in around a dozen hotels in Bogota, and after my first stay here, this is my new favorite. It's a pretty small hotel (36 rooms), and this ends up meaning that the service, which is excellent, is also very personalized. Most of the staff learned my name and preferences and didn't forget while I was there. Service was excellent. The suites were large, comfortable, and a great place for a short or a long stay. I used the gym (small, but functional) a few times, and also tried the massage service, which was very good. The breakfast was good (but not great), and the room service was timely and excellent. Wifi access was fast and worked well.

Only a few areas that could improve - the bed wasn't the most comfortable. This improved somewhat after two nights, when I remembered to request a different pillow, and that helped. A better mattress would help, though. Also, even though I was on the 7th floor, there was a lot of street noise in the early morning. Perhaps it was the acoustics caused be the surrounding buildings, as the hotel, while not on a major road, is quite close to two important and high-traffic roads. I don't know, but better, more sound-proof windows probably would help.

Great location for restaurants, as well - head over about 2 blocks to Zona G for a wide variety, or just walk down the street a block to La Despensa de Rafael, for a great meal. The hotel is also very convenient to a Carulla supermarket.

Enjoy! I intend to return.

Room Tip: Not sure which are best, but ask for a quiet room - probably higher up is better.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Lugano Imperial Suites? Share your experiences!