“This place has two things going for it: price and location...” 2 of 5 stars

You added Hotel Casa Falcon to your Saves list
Calle 69 # 11a - 64, Bogota 057, Colombia (La Candelaria)   |
Ranked #191 of 222 hotels in Bogota
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“This place has two things going for it: price and location...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

I stayed here for two nights. The price is really cheap and the location is great since you are close to TransMilenio and can walk to Zona T. But there were several problems. I emailed with someone to make my reservation, and I was told 1 airport transportation was included in the price. So I sent my flight details and didn't hear anything. Naturally I landed thinking there would be someone there with my name on a sign from the hotel. After waiting for half an hour, I called the hotel. No one answered. So I took a cab to the hotel. Then when I got there, they told me I was supposed to just take a cab and get a receipt and the hotel would pay me for it. How was I supposed to know that? They rectified it later by paying for my cab ride back to the airport, but the initial communication was poor.

The room was musty and very tiny. They also claimed to have internet, but it never worked on the little computer they had in the lobby. twice they let me use their other computer that had internet and was basically in a cramped closet. I felt bad though b/c it was their computer so I'd only use it for like 10 minutes each time.

In the early morning I was awoken by several people downstairs watching TV very loudly and banging all sorts of pots and pans to make breakfast. I can understand that they need to make breakfast, but the guy doesn't need to watch TV at high volume at 6am!! I could not get back to sleep for hours, and I was basically the only guest in the whole hotel.

I think that for this price, you're better off staying further downtown. But really, the location is nice so you should probably just splurge a little more and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo

4 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Business
Roma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2010

I stayed in Casa Falcon almost a week, the people working there were great, from the manager to the night guardian, they were available to help me with many aspects of my stay and it was almost as being at home.
The location is very good since its just off flores transmilenio station, and especially in a safe neighbourhood from which you can comfortably reach bars and restaurants in the zona G and T.
The rooms are not those you would find in a 5 star hotel, but i think they were good enough, and given the safe location i regard this hotel as of good value (the rest of the hotels i looked at in this area charged more than twice as much)

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2009

When my partner and I arrived at this 12 room guesthouse, we were greeted like long lost sons from abroad. It appears to be run by an entire family - from grandmother to grandaughter - and everyone wanted to speak to us and offer us advice and tips on Bogota. Even attempting English, which was a nice gesture, as it's not widely spoken (you do need Spanish in Colombia).

The lovely things are the very personal attention, the character, the restaurant attached (it serves very traditional Colombian food, as the family kept telling us), and the location - it is 30secs away from Flores Transmilenio stop, and in a stone's throw from the nightlife of Chapiniero (this is a quite bohemian district and is choc full of gay bars and cafes). It's also on a safe street, and there is a small sitting area with WiFi.

What we didn't like so much were the rooms - they're OK enough, but we felt the pricing of COP$113,000 was pretty high for the standard - they're all quite tired with elderly beds, doors that don't fit, some terrifying electrical wiring, and teeny teeny bathrooms-in-cupboards. We had much better value in other guesthouses. Breakfast was just a bit odd and small, but is included - scrambled eggs on a solitary plate, a roll, a glass of juice, and coffee. What was also a bit embarrassing was that we came back in at 1am one night - it was treated as a bit of an inconvenience and the next day everyone kept asking how we were 'and that we must be tired'. Rather like living with your parents again.

Overall this is a nice place to stay for some real Colombian charm, but perhaps not the best value cheap hotel in Bogota.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Casa Falcon? Share your experiences!